Exciting new opportunities Are you a Band 5 Physiotherapist looking to progress your career in community respiratory care? This is developmental post from Band 5 to Band 6 in 6 months - subject to achieving competency.
At NELFT, we have secured significant and long-term Transformation funding and are undertaking an ambitious and exciting programme of co-designing our community respiratory service, with our partners in the CCG and secondary care. Our aim will be to improve and enhance our service delivery to meet the challenges that face our population in Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge through integration and collaboration. We want to improve patient outcomes across Long Term Conditions, to help our residents lead lives free from the burden of these diseases by having extended access in the community settings to our services 7 days per week, collaborative working with our partners and expanding our multi-disciplinary teams.
We are now recruiting for a Band 5 to Band 6 developmental Respiratory Physiotherapist post We are looking for Physiotherapistswith an interest and experience in respiratory conditions, who are passionate about the care they give patients and want to make a real difference in delivering respiratory care.
You will work in and be supported by a multi-disciplinary care team including nurses, doctors, therapists, and psychologists.A dedicated competency-based education/training will be given.Main duties of the job
- Act as an autonomous registered practitioner, legally and professional accountable for ones own unsupervised actions guided by the professional code of conduct, trust guidelines and protocols.
- The post holder will hold a current professional registration number.
- Responsible and accountable for service/care delivery to clients.
- Autonomously assess and develop specialist plans of care to meet the complex needs of patients for a variety of conditions include chronic acute and palliative care patients. Continuously assessing and evaluating and acting on outcomes and initiating referrals to other agencies as required.
- Provide patients and relatives with information and education thus ensuring they have meaningful choices promoting dignity, independence and quality of life.
- Responsible for patient allocation and staff rotas.
- Support new initiatives in practice.
- Influence others to ensure practice is supported by research and evidence based practice, sought through both literature and peer review.
- To work within the respiratory team in assessing, planning, co-ordinating, delivering and evaluating acute & long term care for the respiratory patient within the trust and across organisational boundaries.
Please see job description and person specification attached.About usStarting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex. COVID-19 Vaccination
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families. Probationary Period
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (minimum payment of �4,313 and a maximum payment of �5,436 per annum). Salary range:
Band 5 salary range: �28,407 - �34,581Band 6 salary range: �35,392 - �42,618Job descriptionJob responsibilities
In return, we at NELFT can further offer you access to dedicated and personalised training and development in respiratory speciality, flexible working with our blended approach to new ways of working and an unmissable chance to be part of something great that will shape the delivery of these services for years to come.
If you think you have the right skills, attitude, and enthusiasm that you can bring to this exciting transformation, we would really love to hear from you.
The post holder will be a Registered Clinician (NMC/HCPC) who will have prior Respiratory experience or community experience in different speciality. The post holder will be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of care relating to clinical areas. Responsible for patients allocated to them and will assess, manage and deliver care to meet the complex needs for those patients. The post holder will be able to manage and support their peers, working on their own initiative and also an effective team member. They will be committed to working collaboratively, actively supporting and liaising with other health, social professionals and other agencies.
Please refer to the job description and person specification for further details.Person SpecificationAudit/researchEssential
- Evidence of participating or conducting audit or research eg., NRAP, NHS documentation audit etc audit
- Degree or equivalent
- Registered with relevant professional body NMC/HCPC
- Masters degree or equivalent
- Non medical prescribing course completion
- 2 years experience post qualification and entry to register
- MDT working experience
- Previous experience of working within the speciality managing patients with asthma/COPD
- Experience in spirometry/pulmonary rehabilitation/blood gas analysis
- Experience of working with virtual platforms
- Car driver with Full UK license
- IT skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Spirometry, Blood gas analysis and inhaler techniques
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Barking and Dagenham Respiratory Team
1st Floor, Porters avenue health centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.