This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity for candidates wanting to drive the Culture and Leadership of one of the UK's largest Acute hospitals.
You be co-leading a team of skilled and engaged OD professionals providing leadership development, organisational wide culture programmes and team development. You will also be responsible for supporting the management and delivery of the Culture and Leadership themes of the NUH People Strategy, ensuring close working with both internal and external partners.
If you are passionate about making a difference with a great team and in a great organisation then this is the role for you.Main duties of the job
In addition to the brief list above you must familiarise yourself with the full job description and person specification attached to this advert prior to applying. Co-leading the Organisational Development Team
through the role modelling of great leadership and management skills Leading the management and delivery of the Culture and Leadership themes of the NUH People Strategy
by drawing on your experience of embedding cultural change Delivering team interventions to a medium and senior level of leadership
with the use of team facilitation skills and knowledge of behavioural and team models or diagnostic tools. Developing and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external partners
through high levels of interpersonal and political skill Supporting the design and delivery of Leadership and OD programmes of work or training
using evidence-based practices and sharing of good practice. Establishing evidence on impact of our work
drawing on proven QI methodology. Managing the day to day process and systems
essential for the running of a high performing serviceAbout us
The Organisational Development team is a small team that is focused on delivery of the Trust's ambitious Culture and Leadership aspirations.
Wework with individuals, teams and specialties who want to achieve a positive shift in the performance of their people, their systems and processes to positively impact staff and patient experience.
The team is highly supportive of each other, inclusive and use latest team effectiveness practices. We ensure we make time to regularly connect in through weekly virtual huddles and regular team meetings. The pace and breadth of our work would really suit energised candidates who are looking for an exciting stretch to their skills and future portfolio.
Nottingham University Hospitals (NUH) was established in 2006 and we are one of the biggest and busiest NHS Trusts in the country and provide services to over 2.5 million residents of Nottingham.
NUH has an excellent national and international reputation for the quality of their patient care and for their research, education and innovation. They have strong links to the University of Nottingham, Nottingham Trent University and Loughborough University. This allows for the provision of excellent training and education for their students, as well as being a major research organisation.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesQuality Systems and processes
Identifying and delivering development activity
- Creating and implementing robust processes for the commissioning, delivery and evaluation of OD work
- Reporting on and evaluating the delivery of OD programmes of work
- Responsible for undertaking cultural surveys, barometers and other diagnostics.
- Responsible for identifying, delivering and developing work streams related toCulture and Leadership themes of the NUH People Strategy
- Responsible for the development and delivery of tailored and customised programmes of work.
- Facilitating team interventions utilising relevant behavioural and diagnostic models or instruments.
- Working with key stakeholders to develop specific, targeted programmes of development, facilitating as appropriate and developing others to facilitate.
- Responsible for effective marketing of Leadership and management development activities.
- Responsible for the management of the Organisational Development function across the Trust.
- Representing the Trust on relevant internal and external groups and forums.
- Responsible for managing budget for the service.
- Line Management responsibility for members of the OD team.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as an OD Practitioner in a complex organisation
- Educated to master's degree level or equivalent gained through knowledge and experience.
- Professional and specialised knowledge acquired through Master's Degree in OD or similar Teaching
- Experience of managing a team
- Specialist OD Skills
- Experience of OD Consultancy Cycle
- Experience of implementing organisational development or service improvement interventions, with evidence of outcomes
- Design, delivery and evaluation of OD interventions involving large scale change.
- Team facilitation and coaching at senior management level and above.
- Managing a budget
- Project management experience
- Competent in theory & application of OD tools & techniques
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills giving the ability to influence at senior levels.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to prioritise a large number of conflicting and frequently changing priorities
- Able to manage conflict and feedback constructively
- Able to analyse complex data
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Extensive knowledge of Organisational Development methodologies
- Specialist knowledge of formulating, implementing and reviewing strategies for delivering organisational development
- Development methods, techniques and tools for effective project management
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS TrustsAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.