We have an exciting opportunity for an Older Adult Consultant Psychiatrist to work across our Older Adult Community Team and the local Brighton and Hove Care Home In-Reach team (CHIRT), at the Royal Sussex County Hospital. This post has become vacant due to the current post holder retiring and new opportunities to develop the role. The Job Description has been approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
In this role you'll have the opportunity to develop your career, shape our strategy and provide excellent patient care. Come and join Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation, help us improve the quality of life for the local communities we serveMain duties of the job
You will provide medical input into the 2 teams as follows:
- 9 Programmed Activities - Community Team - Specialist Older Adults Mental Health Service (SOAMHS)
- 1 Programmed Activities - Care Home In-Reach team (CHIRT)
In the community, you will be assessing referrals and reviewing patients in various settings including outpatient clinics, care homes, patients' homes and remotely. You will also work closely with the team leads for SOAMHS and CHIRT to provide clinical leadership and management of complex cases.
You will also participate in planning and developing local Mental Health Services in line with the Trust objectives and contribute constructively to improving the standards of mental health care offered by the Trust.About us
This job attracts aRecruitment and Retention payment of �25,000,
in addition to(up to) �8000 relocation allowance.
The RRP payment is paid in the following instalments:
- �5000 payment paid on appointment
- �5000 retention payment paid at 12 month anniversary of employment
- �6500 retention payment paid at 30 month anniversary of employment
- �8500 retention payment paid at 48 month anniversary of employment
The Recruitment and Retention payment is pro rata for part time employees. If you would like further information, or to know the full terms of the Recruitment and Retention Payment and/or the Relocation Allowance, then please do not hesitate to contact our Medical Staffing Team -email@example.com
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to those advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
You don't need to look any further if you're after outstanding countryside and beautiful beaches. We've got the sea, air and the sound of the surf. There's the hustle and bustle of Brighton and the scenic South Downs. Not only that, the Hampshire and Sussex coastline is the sunniest place to live in the UK (just ask the Met Office!).
To find out more about what we offer please take a look at our careers portal:https://careers.sussexpartnership.nhs.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please do take a look at the Royal College Approved Job Description and Person Specifications for full details of the role.
For the community role the post holder is required to:
- Attend a weekly MDT, case conference and CPA/117 reviews when required.
- Assessing referrals and review patients in various settings, including outpatient clinics, care homes, patients' homes and virtually via software such as Attend Anywhere.
- Work closely with the team leads for SOAMHS and CHIRT to provide clinical leadership and management of complex cases.
- Care plan and treatment formulation, guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Liaison and collaborative working with other services/agencies.
- Mental Health Act implementation.
- Multi-disciplinary, multi-agency and partnership working.
- Other clinical duties, e.g. any other specialities covered.
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Additional clinical qualifications.
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
Clinical Skills, knowledge and experienceEssential
- In good standing with GMC with respect to warning and conditions on practice
- Excellent clinical skills using bio-psycho-social perspective and wide medical knowledge
- Makes decisions based on evidence and experience including the contribution of others
- Able to meet duties under MHA and MCA
Academic skills and lifelong learningEssential
- Wide range of specialist and sub-specialist experience relevant to post within NHS or comparable service
- Demonstrate commitment to shared leadership & collaborative working to deliver improvement.
- Ability to work in a participatory way so that shared decision making and conversations around formulation/diagnosis and ongoing care are a collaborative endeavour with the people who access our service
- Participated in continuous professional development
- Able to use and appraise clinical evidence.
- Has led clinical audits leading to service change or improved outcomes to patients
- Evidence of achievement in education, research, audit and service improvement: awards, prizes, presentations and publications.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Holds and will use valid UK driving licence OR provides evidence of proposed alternative.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Mill View Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.