Band 8aClinical Psychologist -
We welcome applications from those seeking the opportunity to join at band 7 and follow a developmental route to the senior 8A position.
To provide a highly specialist clinical psychology service to children andyoung people with ASD and or moderate to severe learning disabilities andtheir families who are at risk of inpatient admission. Clinically, the post-holderwill be responsible for individual case management and will be expected toconduct highly specialist psychological assessments, produce highly complexformulations, and deliver direct therapeutic work. They will also providespecialist advice and consultation to a range of multi-agency professionalsand non-professional carers, and utilise research skills for audit, policy andservice development. The post holder will be expected to work autonomouslywithin professional guidelines and the overall framework of the team's policies and procedures.Main duties of the jobMain duties of the job:
- Working within the MDT to provide highly specialist psychological assessment, formulation and intervention for young people referred to the IST.
- To provide highly specialist psychological advice, guidance, training and consultation to others across a wide range of agencies and settings.
- Supervise and manage the workload of Assistant, Trainee and Band 7 Clinical Psychologists within the framework of the team's policies and procedures.
- Utilise theory, evidence-based literature and research to support evidence-based practice in individual work and with other team members.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust provides a full range of expanding physical, mental health and learning disability services to children, young adults, adults and older adults over many sites across Coventry and Warwickshire.
Services are provided to a population of over one million people living in Coventry and Warwickshire, and also a wider geographical area in some of our specialist services. We see on average around 5,000 patients every day.
The Children's and Adults intensive Support Team works across Coventry and the whole of Warwickshire (north and south) to provide additional therapeutic support for the families whose young people are most at risk of admission.
We sit within the Learning Disability and Autism Directorate and as such we are part of a large multi-professional group which offers the opportunity for knowledge and skill sharing. There will be opportunities for Continual Professional Development, regular clinical supervision and participation in Reflective Practice Groups. Whilst we sit within this directorate, a higher proportion of the young people we support fall within Rise (CAMHS) with whom we also have strong links. Our young adults with autism may also be involved with other parts of our services within CWPT (adult mental health and eating disorder services for example) and there is a need for close liaison with our external partner agencies.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesWho we are looking for: An enthusiastic Clinical Psychologist with mental health and/or Neurodevelopmental or Learning Disability experience (or a willingness to learn and develop, we can provide training and support). A committed and responsive team member keen to seek positive and timely outcomes. A willingness to think creatively and outside the box in supporting autistic people. Person SpecificationessentialEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- PhD or DClinPsych or equivalent in Applied Psychology (Clinical/Counselling).
- Pre and post-qualification training in specialist assessment and treatment of children and young people with complex mental health problems, neuropsychological assessment, research methodology, staff training and/or other fields of applied psychology
- Experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment with children and young people with ASD, learning disabilities and mental health needs and their families across the full range of care settings.
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.