Are you an experienced nurse looking to work at a regional specialist haematology and oncology centre?Are you looking to develop your nursing career specialising in cancer care at a centre that can offer you a wealth of developmental and training opportunities?
The Bristol Haematology and Oncology Unit (BHOC) is the regional specialist centre in the South west for Oncology and Haematology as well as palliative care. The centre has an excellent reputation nationally and internationally for research and innovation. Currently there are Band 5 vacancies on the Oncology ward - D603.
Unfortunately, this role would not be suitable for recently graduated nurses, for more details of Newly Qualified Roles within the trust please contact email@example.com.
This role is not suitable for international nurses requiring OSCE support.
Relocation package is available for eligible applicants.Main duties of the job
As a Band 5 nurse on a specialist oncology ward you will be working as part of an MDT delivering specialist nursing care to our oncology patients.
Experience within the specialty is not necessary but we welcome applications from candidates with post qualification experience in an acute setting with a keen interest in oncology.
Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care
Communicate effectively and maintain confidentiality with patient carers and the multi-disciplinary team. Give written and verbal advice/teaching to patients and carers.
Provide accurate timely contemporary records of care and treatment in line with UBHT record keeping policy and NMC
Work within Trust Nursing policies and procedures and professional boundaries undertake all appropriate aspects of Nursing Care required including specific relevant clinical skills gained following appropriate training instruction.
Promote and maintain a safe environment for patients: Administer medicines in accordance with Trust policy. Promote a clean environment and the prevention of hospital acquired infectionsAbout us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationKnowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Broad knowledge and experience of clinical nursing practice within a hospital environment
- Interest in the clinical area
- Experience of teaching
- Public Sector Language Competency - fluent English to an appropriate standard
Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- Experience of taking charge
- RN (NMC registered) / or NVQ 3 Operating Department Practice pre 2004 or Diploma in Higher Education Operating Department Practice post 2004
- Current NMC registration / or current Health Professions Council registration for ODPs
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Work towards relevant university accredited post basic study programmes Eg: A& E course, ITU course, Care of the Elderly, PICU, Renal, Oncology, etc
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate competence in clinical skills relevant to the clinical area
- Competence in calculations for safe administration of medicines/fluids
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate effectively with patients, carers and MDT
- Computer skills
- Ability to take the lead, initiate and ensure appropriate action in response to the deteriorating patient
- Clinical decision making ability
- Teaching/supervisory skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Act in a professional manner
- A team player
- Recognition of own limits
- Flexible working practices for 24 hour service
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.