Clinical Nurse Manager Gladstone 4 Ward
The Clinical Nurse Manager will be expected to provide effective leadership and operational management for Gladstone 4 Ward whilst ensuring a high standard of care for all patients. They will be responsible for creating a dynamic environment which is conducive to learning, practice development and research within a framework of quality assurance.Main duties of the job
- Provide effective leadership and operational management of the ward ensuring high standards of care for all
- Be responsible for creating a dynamic environment which is conducive to learning, practice development and research within a framework of quality assurance.
- Be responsible for delegated budgetary control and to maintain and improve services by controlling and monitoring costs in line with cost improvement programs and the QIPP/transformation agenda.
- Be accountable for coordinating patient care, management of resources and performance of staff.
- Be responsible for the implementation of audit, quality and risk management initiatives and monitoring of local and national policies and quality care
- Be responsible and accountable for the management and safe storage of medicines, for the cleanliness of the ward and for implementing infection control policies and
- Be responsible for ensuring that all staff are customer/patient focused and are courteous, pleasant, and helpful always.
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the publicJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- Ensure evidence-based nursing care within the ward/ department is of a high standard and in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, by monitoring patient care, supervising junior staff, and evaluating the care that is delivered.
- Act as a clinical expert, gives direction and facilitates staff in their professional Recognising where there is a knowledge deficit, in the nursing of patients with specific problems, recognises this and utilises the expertise of senior colleagues.
- Ensure that all patients' clinical, social, and psychological needs are met and can recognise and instigate appropriate measures as necessary including, liaising with the multidisciplinary team.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of and adhere to all Trust
- Recognise and provide expert emergency treatment to patients in the event of their condition deteriorating, seeking appropriate multidisciplinary team assistance, including critical outreach team / transfer as Be accountable for patient's treatment and care, escalate incident to matron as necessary and ensure all staff follow this process in his/ her absence.
- Be aware of personal and departmental responsibilities in the event of a major incident on site.
- Overall responsibility for the effective day to day management of the ward, independently modifying and adapting plans of care in relation to changes in the patients' condition and ward circumstances, within the confines of professional role and
- Provide training and assess junior colleague's competency in the specialist area of practice
Please read over the Job Description and Person Specification for more detail on the rolePerson SpecificationEducationEssential
- Leadership qualification
- extensive experience in acute nursing
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Orthopedic course or significant experience in orthopaedic nursing
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- extensive relevant experience at band 6 or 7
- previous experience with HR issues
- audit experience
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Central Middlesex Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.