We are pleased to offer this exciting opportunity to join our friendly and dynamic team, to assist in the provision of high quality aseptic services to patients across the West Midlands. This new position will aid the senior team in developing the final checking role of technicians at Heartlands Aseptic Dispensing and Satellite Units. This will include leading on the Accuracy Checking Technician programme and the Product Approval Accreditation programme.
Cancer Services at UHB delivers world class cancer care to patients from across the country, with a range of specialised services in oncology and haematology. You will be part of a growing team of highly professional and dedicated specialist pharmacists, technicians and ATOs whose aim is to provide an excellent, patient focussed service.
The ever expanding service is looking for motivated individuals to assist in building healthier lives for our patients, by developing the aseptic service which is critical to the treatment of our oncology and haematology patients.
Our aim is to provide our valued staff with excellent training to become skilled, highly competent and confident in their roles. We encourage innovative working including the development and future proofing of our facilities to meet the growing needs of the service. We promote learning and development within our organisation.
For further information please contact:
Louisa Knowles, Advanced Pharmacist for Technical Services (firstname.lastname@example.org, 01213718671)Main duties of the job
The role will include a variety of tasks, enabling you to develop your knowledge and skills through structured education and training opportunities. It provides a rewarding opportunity to assist in the preparation of cytotoxic drugs, monoclonal antibodies, CIVAS, OPAT and innovative treatments such as clinical trials in a safe and efficient manner according to Good Manufacturing Practice and National Standards.
Main duties include:
*Aseptic preparation in isolators
*Pre and In-process checking
*Team leading, supervising and training
*Co-ordinating the workflow
*Accuracy Checking of dispensed products (after completing the Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician course)
*Final checking aseptically prepared products (after completing the Product Approval Accreditation Programme)
*Managing the Quality Management System. Including writing and reviewing change controls, deviations, complaints and SOPs
*Management responsibilities. Including drafting rotas, conducting appraisals and interviews
The position is based at Heartlands Aseptic Dispensing Unit and Satellite Unit, however cross-site cover may be required.
Full training will be provided to ensure you feel confident in completing the role. This will be via internal training programmes as well as external training courses.About us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
University Hospitals Birmingham is a Smoke-Free premises hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note*: For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- * GCSEs -- Mathematics and English (Grade B/5) and four other subjects including Science (Grade C/4)
- GCSEs: Mathematics, English and Science (Grade C/4 or equivalent) and two other GCSEs (Grade C/4) and successful achievement of the pharmacy service skills Level 2 NVQ
- qualification (or equivalent)
- Three A levels, one of which is a relevant science subject and Mathematics B/5 (GCSE or equivalent)
- Degree in science or humanities and Mathematics B/5 (GCSE or equivalent)
- * Level 3 Diploma in Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Technicians
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science and Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills
- equivalent as defined by the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Level 3 Science Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship Programme
- * Evidence of Continued Professional Development
- * Professional Registration with the GPhC or Science Council
Employer detailsEmployer name
- * Currently practicing as a registered technician with post-qualification experience
- * Significant experience within a hospital pharmacy setting
- * Previous experience within aseptic services
- * Experience in delivering training and supervision of others
- * Working under pressure, prioritising work as appropriate to achieve deadlines
- * Experience of planning workload according to departmental priorities
- * Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), COSHH and Farwell Audits
- * Specialist knowledge of clean room technology, Quality Assurance and Cytotoxic dispensing/preparation.
- * Understanding of clinical governance and its implications for service including quality and audits
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bordesley Green E
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.