We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated and ambitious Senior Pharmacy Technician to join our dynamic operational Team. The post holder must be keen to learn and develop with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
At Barts Health we take pride in developing our staff to progress. Within the Pharmacy department we offer several opportunities to do this. You will participate in training initiatives to meet both individual and departmental goals.
Barts health, being the largest Trust in UK, are committed to training Pre-registration Pharmacy technicians every year giving a large amount of opportunities for successful candidates to develop within the Pharmacy Technician career pathway, so you will be helping to develop their skills, ensuring that relevant criteria are met for the Pre Reg Trainee Pharmacy Technician role.
Applicants must hold a BTEC Pharmaceutical Sciences /NVQ 3 or equivalent, be Registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC), must hold Accuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician (ACPT) qualification and have management/leadership experience.
Previous experience of working in Hospital or Community Pharmacy is essential.
If you are interested in working at one of the largest Trusts in UK, dedicated to providing outstanding patient care and would like any further details, please contact: Lucie Lea 02085395522 ext 5582/5583 or via e-mail: email@example.comMain duties of the job
The post holder will support to manage a team of pharmacy assistants and trainee pharmacy assistants. They will deliver patient focused, quality care, based at Whipps Cross University Hospital.
To enable pharmacy to have patients' needs at the center of the service, the post holder will be moving away from a traditional dispensary and medicines management services delivery model by utilising skills and knowledge from both areas to become one multi skilled team in all aspects of pharmacy service delivery - dispensary and medicine management services. They will jointly work on the wards and deliver quality care to patients at ward level through efficient medicines optimization as well as support the management of dispensary on rotational basis.About us
Barts Health is one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, and one of Britain's leading healthcare providers.
The Barts Health group of NHS hospitals is entering an exciting new era on our improvement journey to becoming an outstanding organisation with a world-class clinical reputation. Having lifted ourselves out of special measures, we now have the impetus and breathing space to chart a fresh course in which we are continually striving to improve all our services for patients.
Our vision is to be a high-performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation, and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond. That means being a provider of excellent patient safety, known for delivering consistently high standards of harm-free care and always caring for patients in the right place at the right time. It also means being an outstanding place to work, in which our WeCare values and behaviours are visible to all and guide us in how we work together. We strive to live by our WeCare values and are committed to promoting inclusion, where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We value our differences and fully advocate, cultivate and support an inclusive working environment.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s below.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- oExperience of working in a hospital or community pharmacy setting
- oSignificant experience as a pharmacy technician
- oExperience of supervising others and providing feedback for development
- oExperience of pharmacy labelling and stock control systems
- oPatient counselling
- oExperience or organising a service on a day-to-day basis
- oExperience of holding regular team meetings
- oExperience of giving feedback
- oExperience of hospital stock distribution and top-up services.
- oMedicines management experience in a ward based setting, e.g. medication history taking, POD assessment etc.
- oExcellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- oIT literate and able to use Microsoft office.
- oExcellent verbal and written communication skills
- oInterpret and dispense prescriptions accurately
- oOrganisation and prioritisation of workload
- oAbility to problem solve
- oAbility to motivate self and others
- oTime management skills
- oMethodical attention to detail
- oGood numeracy skills. Able to perform pharmaceutical calculations.
- oBTEC Pharmaceutical Sciences /NVQ 3 or equivalent
- oRegistration as a Pharmacy Technician with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- oAccuracy Checking Pharmacy Technician (ACPT) qualification
- oHEE LaSE Medicines Optimisation qualification or equivalent
- oPractice Supervisor, Train the trainer or equivalent qualification
- oILM Level 2 or level 3 Leadership and Management qualification or equivalent
- oUnderstanding of GPhC revalidation requirements
- oKnowledge of medicines management systems at ward level
- oUp to date knowledge of legislation relevant to pharmacy practice, e.g. controlled drugs, Health and Safety at Work
- oUnderstanding of stock control systems
- oKnowledge of drugs, side effects and where to find further information
- oKnowledge of Safe and Secure Handling of Medicines requirements
- oUnderstanding of the importance of adherence to SOPs and legislation
- oDemonstrates a good understanding of patient safety initiatives
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oUnderstand how pharmacy technicians can develop their role
Barts Health NHS TrustAddress
Whipps Cross Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.