We have an exciting opportunity for a Band 8a Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP) committed to delivering high quality care to join our elective orthopaedic service at Mexborough Elective Orthopaedic Centre. Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals (DBTH) working in partnership with Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (BH) and The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust (TRFT) are opening a dedicated orthopaedic hub for the people of South Yorkshire, with health professionals undertaking hip and knee replacement inpatient procedures alongside foot and ankle, hand and wrist, and shoulder day case surgery.
The Montagu Elective Orthopaedic Centre (MEOC) facility will feature two state-of-the-art theatre units, two anaesthetic rooms and a recovery suite, in addition to 12 inpatient beds.
We are looking for someone who will be fully dedicated to person-centred care and will work collaboratively with our multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that patients receive a tailored management plan which ensures the elective orthopaedic patient follow the planned surgical pathway reviewing both current issues and proactively looking to prevent potential issues which may arise.
For further information about MEOC please visithttps://www.dbth.nhs.uk/meoc/Main duties of the job
As an experienced ACP, you will provide high quality clinical care for patients presenting with a variety of orthopaedic elective surgeries, providing a comprehensive advanced clinical assessment, requesting and interpreting investigations, decision making, provision of treatment, prescribing, evaluation of care and referral to other healthcare professionals if required.
The ACP will be the lead for the resuscitation team for Mexborough Montagu Hospital. Whilst working autonomously the ACP will always work within a multi professional team led by a Consultant.
To be part of our team the successful candidate will be an autonomous practitioner ensuring that your practice is underpinned by the four pillars of advanced clinical practice, have recent experience of caring for patients in an acute setting, have excellent leadership and clinical skills, as well as evidence of continuing professional development, have drive, ambition, passion, a flexible approach and dedicated to working in this modern, high quality environment supporting best practice for orthopaedic patients following GIRFT recommendations.
On appointment the successful candidates will be allocated a clinical and educational supervisor, access to eportfolio and will be supported to complete any educational or clinical training for their on-going CPD.About us
Doncaster & Bassetlaw NHS FT is one of Yorkshire's Leading acute trusts, serving a population of more than 420,000 across South Yorkshire, North Nottinghamshire, and the surrounding areas. Our services are based over three main hospital sites employing over 6,000 colleagues.
It is our goal to give those who join Team DBTH the tools and opportunities to grow their career, so whether you spend just one year or fifty with us, it's our pledge to help you Develop, Belong and Thrive, Here.
As an organisation that supports flexible working, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to support a flexible working arrangement. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applicants from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including those with disabilities, members of our ethnic minorities and LGBTQ+ communities.
We offer a range of benefits including:o Extensive range of learning opportunitieso NHS Pension Schemeo Generous holiday entitlement commencing at 27 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (pro rata).o Comprehensive health and wellbeing supporto NHS Car Lease schemes and a range of salary sacrifice schemeo Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping and finance through external providers.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification for full role details.
If you are inspired by the opportunity to positively contribute to our exciting future by being part of our amazing team, please apply today. For further information and an informal discussion about the role please contact Kate Carville on email@example.com .Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Professionally Registered- Nurse/AHP
- Evidence of MSc Advanced Practice or equivalent (mapped to all outcomes of the Multiprofessional Advanced Practice Framework HEE)
- Non-Medical Prescribing
- Advanced Life Support
- ACP portfolio and relevant appraisal with clinical supervisor.
- Relevant teaching / mentor qualification.
- Evidence of recent, relevant CPD.
Patient Care & Skill SetEssential
- Post Grad Teaching qualification or equivalent
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Substantial post-registration experience of working at advanced level in multi-professional environment.
- Extensive experience at senior level (AfC Band 7 or equivalent), working as an autonomous practitioner on own initiative.
- Evidence of ACP development at Trust / regional / national level.
- Evidence of high quality, comprehensive, clinical assessment, treatment and decision making skills.
- Analytical and judgement skills in carrying out patient assessments and ability to make a diagnosis based on imaging and pathology results as well as being able to critique own practice.
- Evidence of Non-Medical Prescribing framework.
- Current evidence recent contribution to audit, research or service development programs.
- Excellent emergency patient assessment and treatment knowledge and skills in relation to invasive and non-invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including but not limited to point of care ultrasound, ECG, catheterisation, venepuncture, cannulation, ABG and IV drug administration, including teaching and ongoing workplace based assessment
Doncaster & Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS FTAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.