This is a developmental Band 6 role within Respiratory Physiotherapy inpatients at Torbay Hospital. You will start as a band 5 Physiotherapist and complete 6 months of band 6 competencies . These will be individualised competencies for the successful candidate. When the competencies had been completed the you will transition to Band 6 .
This 37.5 hour post is part of the respiratory rotations (Medical, surgical and ICU) at Torbay Hospital. You will be part of the 7 day service, working at the weekend once a month, part of the on-call service and support band 5's that are on-call. Working over a variety of areas ICU, Medical respiratory, Surgical Respiratory and Elderly rehabilitation.
You will provide senior leadership with their specialist respiratory skills, deputies for the Band 7 when required and will provide outpatient respiratory care in clinics, for outpatients and home-visits. To act as a source of expertise on the assessment and management of patients presenting with a wide range of respiratory pathologies. You will provide education to physiotherapists, student physiotherapists, skilled non registered staff, other healthcare professionals, GPs, Consultants, patients and their carers.Main duties of the job
- To work with the MDT in identifying appropriate physiotherapy treatments and managements for respiratory patients. Work closely with both the OT's and discharge coordinators in facilitating appropriate patient discharge plans. To utilize all current discharge services and planning procedures
- To educate and train physiotherapists, students and other healthcare professionals in the physiotherapeutic management of chronic and acute respiratory conditions.
- To support with service development- looking at new ways to treat inpatient and outpatients with respiratory diseases
We are a dynamic and friendly team consisting of a wide skill mix, working closely with the other members of the MDT on the wards. We work flexibly throughout the hospital as part of the ward teams.
We work closely with each other and support all members of the team on a daily basis. We pride ourselves on maintaining our skillsand competenciesand strive to provide the best education to students, , within our immediate team and the wider team. Our team are always looking to develop our service further and value new ideas.
Why work with us- Torbay Hospital provides acute care for the local community and has several community hospitals, and is a hot-spot for those who are considering living by the sea or within half an hour of Dartmoor National Park and an hour to Exmoor National Park. Meanwhile, Plymouth and Exeter are also both within a short drive to enjoy the culture, maritime history and shopping experiences.Job descriptionJob responsibilities Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification
. #caretojoinusPerson SpecificationKnowledge and experienceEssential
- oWorking knowledge of a broad range of musculoskeletal, neurological and medical conditions common in the elderly
- oCompetent IT skills
- oKnowledge of the relevant NSFs and clinical guidelines
- oExperience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team
- oExperience supervising student physiotherapists or physiotherapy assistant/technical instructors/support workers
- oAn understanding of Clinical Governance and its implications for services, including experience of quality issues and participation in research and audit
- oSome experience working with a biopsychosocial approach to assessment and treatment
- oExperience of working in inpatient, outpatient and community settings
Qualifications and trainingEssential
- oExperience of primary care rehabilitation or respiratory services
- oKnowledge and understanding of complex respiratory assessment/skills
- Diploma/degree in physiotherapy
- State registration - current HCPC certificate
- Evidence of CPD maintained in a portfolio, including attendance at recent Postgraduate courses relevant to the clinical field
- Experience within the NHS including proven relevant experience as a Band 5 Physiotherapist in a broad rotational post covering a range of experience in respiratory orthopaedics, elderly care, medical, surgical, neurological and musculoskeletal conditions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Post graduate training/experience in respiratory
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Physiotherapy Department Torbay Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.