The Lead Nurse/Midwife for Private Care will be expected to provide senior leadership and support to the Private care midwifery and nursing team across both our hospital sites. This includes inpatient and the outpatient service. The post holder will be responsible for leading on defined projects across Private Care, reporting progress to the General Manager for Private Care and the Deputy Director of Nursing and Midwifery, Gynaecology and Neonates. The Lead Nurse/Midwife will be required to work collaboratively within Private Care and wider speciality midwifery and nursing teams to implement a strategy for midwifery and nursing that supports the priorities of the division, Trust and external bodies. The Lead Nurse/Midwife will be responsible for providing midwifery and nursing leadership to the clinical area and contributing to the operational management within the division and the wider trust agenda when required. The Lead Nurse/Midwife is key to ensuring the efficient and effective use of resources and the development and maintenance of the highest standards of care and service delivery. The post holder will deputise for the leadership team when required. The Lead Nurse/Midwife is expected to embody the behaviours detailed in the trust values.Main duties of the job
To lead across a multi-site environment and be responsible for the delivery of high quality nursing and midwifery care and development of enhanced patient experience in their areas through proactive clinical and professional leadership to all clinical staff at all levels within all clinical areas of responsibility: The Kensington Wing (Private Maternity Unit), The Chelsea Wing, The Westminster Wing and The Fertility Centre at Chelsea and Westminster and West Middlesex site. The post holder will be instrumental in developing the private care offer and will ensure the delivery of high quality, evidence-based, compassionate nursing and midwifery care, and delivery that the workforce is managed efficiently and effectively.About us
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provide services from two main hospitals, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East.
We have nearly 7,000 members of staff that are PROUD to Care
for nearly one million people. Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's, in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for - our staff says they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment.
Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Good' in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of 'Good'. We've also been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating for 'use of resources' by an NHS Improvement inspection.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing significant Capital year on year in our estate. We have recently completed a �30m expansion of our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminster and are planning an ambitious �60m development of an Ambulatory Diagnostics Centre at West Middlesex.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The Lead Nurse/Midwife for Private Care plays an integral role in the leading of effective services by:
- Managing direct reports to ensure the teams meet performance targets and professional standards.
- Responsible for leading workforce planning and service re-design within the scope of the service.
- Responsible for ensuring and monitoring that all staff in the service have continued professional development (CPD), clinical supervision and that all staff are registered with their professional bodies.
- Responsible for ensuring all staff within the service have a current certificate DBS where appropriate
Professional and Strategic Responsibilities
The Lead Nurse/Midwife for Private Care will work with service users on the development of effective services by:
Quality and Governance
- Maintaining excellent professional relationships with the team and other professionals attending MDT meetings on behalf of the team.
- Providing leadership, line management and appropriate clinical supervision ensuring high quality care delivery, provide expert opinions and second opinions to colleagues.
- Support ward sister/charge nurse and specialist nurses to ensure they are developed to undertake management and leadership responsibilities to enable the effective running of their clinical areas.
- Responsible for budget management, ensuring the best use of financial resources to remain within the designated budget.
The Lead Nurse/Midwife for Private Care will lead the provision of safe and reliable services by:
- Using their judgement and risk assessments to keep the patients, parents/carers and staff as safe as possible.
- Safeguarding people by recognising and responding when a baby or adult might be at risk from abuse but also recognising their own limits, asking for help and escalating concerns when necessary.
- Escalating safety concerns on behalf of the team, acting as an effective advocate for those who use the service.
- Being open and transparent.
- Supervising the work of others
Please see attached job description and person specification to this advert for further details. Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Excellent verbal and written communication with all members of the team and partner agencies across a range of services.
- Understanding their role and how they help the team achieve its objectives.
- Reflecting on their own practice, encouraging their peers to reflect on their practices in handovers and team meetings.
- Encouraging the team to learn from adverse and positive events or to respond to data analysis from audits or benchmarking exercises. Implement any actions and initiatives which aim to improve baby and family outcomes.
- RN (Adult), RM,
- Evidence of Post Graduate Specialist qualifications relevant to gynaecology/area of practice
- Evidence of Masters Level education
- RSCN/RNCB/RN (Adult)
- Recognised teaching and assessing qualification.
- Significant experience in area of practice.
- Experience of leading and managing teams
- Experience at senior level within the maternity setting
- Demonstrable experience of working across traditional boundaries
- Experience of conducting investigations and root cause analysis
Skills and knowledgeEssential
- Experience of conducting formal project evaluation and or research and or delivering QI projects.
- Previous experience of working within a private healthcare setting
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of national policies relevant to health and social care in particular gynaecology services
- Current knowledge of local and national child/adult safeguarding procedures.
- Understanding of national service frameworks and NICE guidance relevant to gynaecology services and its application across health care services.
- Evidence of continued relevant professional development and implementation into practice within the last 12 months.
- Proven ability to develop effective partnerships to achieve practical outcomes across organisational boundaries including statutory organisations, external agencies, community and voluntary sectors.
- Supporting others (mentor/educator/supervisor) experience
- Knowledge/understanding of confidentiality.
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Chelsea and Westminisiter and West Middlesex University Hospitals
369 Fulham Road, London, SW10 9NH
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.