The Sister/charge nurse supports the day to day running of the Ward, co-ordinating the clinical care activity and ensuring the provision of a high standard of nursing care, advice and information to patients, relatives and carers.
You will be working alongside our GPs and Intermediate care teams, facilitating patient choice, promoting independence and maintaining safety whilst working within your NMC professional code of conduct.
Promoting effective communication within the Multi-disciplinary Team. Providing clinical and team leadership to all Ward staff in the absence of the Deputy Matron/Modern Matron. Accepting responsibility for the running of the ward/site in the absence of the Deputy Matron/Modern Matron.Main duties of the job
- Flexible approach to working, able to manage da to day challenges of ward based nursing and management of a team.
- Assist and undertake audits, support staff with PDRs, be part of Pathway to Excellence and Shared Governance meetings.
- Service delivery and improvement.
- Staff and own development
- Supporting patients and relatives in the provision of their care and and ensuring they make informed decisions
- Work collaboratively with other professionals
This post will provide you great job satisfaction, not only will you be working in an innovative dedicated friendly team on our 20 bedded ward within Brixham Community Hospital. You will have a voice and we always actively welcome new ideas, valuing staff and opinions.
Achieving and being part of facilitating a patient's wishes to happen is a very rewarding part of the role. This not only applies to patients who are being rehabilitated back to their homes but also for to those who are on an end of life pathway or are still actively being treated within a sub-acute environment.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilities Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification
. #caretojoinusPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse Degree or working toward
- Minimum 2 years post experience as RN
- Acute / Community experience
- Mentoring training
Knowledge / SkillsEssential
- End of Life Training
- ILS Trained
- Dementia Awareness
- Complex Discharge working
- Working knowledge of MDT
- Evidence of clinical skills
- Managing staff
- Prioritising ever changing work schedules
- Willing to teach others
- Professional attitude towards nursing
- Awareness of current demands on services
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Change management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.