Are you a Highly Specialist Occupational Therapist looking for a chance to establish and share your skills and become the team lead of a highly motivated, dynamic and supportive Children's OT team, on the beautiful Isle of Wight, situated a few miles off the English South Coast?
Are you committed to the Occupational Therapy profession and keen to provide a high-quality effective service to children and families to improve the children's outcomes in their occupational performance and activities of daily living?
If your answer to these questions is yes, you could be one of the people we are looking for to join us on the Isle of Wight.
This role requires a flexible and innovative Highly Specialist Occupational Therapist to provide effective evidence-based interventions as well as take on the team lead role within a dedicated Children's Occupational Therapy team and is committed to supporting children and families with complex neuro-disability and neurodevelopmental challenges.Main duties of the job
Attached you will find the person specification document which provides more detail about the essential and desirable skills and experience needed for this role. We highly recommend you review this document and use it when completing your application as these criteria are used by hiring managers as guidance during shortlisting.
For an overview of the main duties of the role please see the 'Job Description and Main Responsibilities' section below. To understand the day-to-day responsibilities in more detail please read the full job description document attached.
We are passionate about providing excellent CARE, which is why our values are C
espect and E
veryone counts. Our mission is to make sure that our community is at the heart of everything we do and that we hold our values across all our services.
We are committed to endorsing inclusion, diversity and multiculturalism throughout out services and as such, our procedures and policies ensure that applicants are always treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.
Why not come and see for yourself the CARE we give to our patients and staff. Apply to be part of our team today.About us
The Isle of Wight NHS Trust is the only integrated acute, community, mental health and ambulance health care provider in England. We serve a population of approximately 150,000 residents, making the services we offer variable and personalised with a flexible approach to our service users.
Working for our Trust brings a variety of benefits, including an onsite day nursery, cycle-to-work scheme, discounts at local businesses and gyms, and the opportunity to hire Trusts beach hut in Ryde. We offer flexible working opportunities, speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement for you and if it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
The Isle of Wight is a unique and stunning gem located off the South Coast of England, a short ferry journey from Portsmouth and Southampton, with journey times taking from as little as 10 minutes. London can be reached in 90 minutes by rail from Southampton or Portsmouth. The island offers an amazing coastline with beautiful countryside, year-round events, festivals and award-winning attractions.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
It is an opportunity to work alongside highly specialist therapists across other disciplines as well as be a key part in service development to support implementation and delivery of an effective needs led service with the Childrens Therapies Cluster Lead as well as the rest of the Occupational Therapy team.
The Occupational Therapy Service provides an excellent clinical supervision programme, active professional development, service development working parties and actively supports student placements from several universities.
You will need to/have:
- Relevant qualifications and current registration with HCPC
- Current clean, full driving license
- A combination of relevant skills, experience, and specialist knowledge in a range of presentations and settings.
- Be a key part in the development of the Occupational Therapy Service
- Demonstrate high-level written and oral (including telephone and teletherapy/video calling) communication skills
- Be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment
- To lead clinical audits and undertake research
- Knowledge and understanding of the application of quality care and evidence-based practice
- Demonstrate a high level of organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work within the Values and Visions framework of the Isle of Wight NHS Trust
- A genuine wish to live on a Beautiful Island (with good ferry connections to the mainland)
The Isle of Wight NHS is committed to personal development via supervision, a friendly network of colleagues, post-graduate, and in-service training as well as support for CPD.
You would be based within a friendly and supportive Childrens Therapies Team with Physiotherapists and speech and Language Therapists at St Marys Hospital, in an NHS Trust with a commitment to personal development and in-service training. This post requires travelling to pre-schools/schools, childrens centres, and other community settings, so a car driver is essential.
If you believe you meet the criteria of the person specification and would like to join the Isle of Wight NHS Trust at this time, we would be interested in receiving your application. Job Purpose:
This post requires a high level of expertise and is essential to provide Clinical and Team leadership to the Paediatric Team, develop services in the speciality and liaise with Education, Social Services and Health on a strategic level in order to be proactive in joint working. Job Statement:
- To manage a caseload of patients with highly complex needs, using evidence based/person centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate interventions.
- To provide and develop the Occupational Therapy service in Paediatric OT and contribute to related policies
- To act as a Highly Specialist Occupational Therapist and Team Lead within this area and the Integrated Occupational Therapy Service
- To lead clinical audits and undertake research
- To contribute to the development of the wider Occupational Therapy Service
- Diploma/degree in OT. Relevant post graduate training for area of work. State registration with HPC
- Further degree (Masters or equivalent). Leadership/ management training
- Specialist knowledge and application current best practice in OT. Evidence of resolution of professional/ethical issues. Documented evidence of Continuing professional development. Health, safety and risk awareness
- Knowledge of recruitment and selection procedures. Knowledge of working in a range of health settings
- Complex physical skills required involving the manipulation of objects and people with narrow margins for error. E.g. manual handling. There is a requirement to exert moderate physical effort for several short periods during the working day. E.g. moving & handling children with mechanical aids including hoists. Manoeuvring children into position for treatment and personal care purposes. Moving & handling heavy pieces of adaptive equipment.
- Management & Clinical Leader. Service/practice innovation. Commitment to lifelong learning. Flexible. Commitment to client centred, non-discriminatory practice
- Ability to work under pressure and set priorities. Effective leadership skills. Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance. Planning and decision-making skills. Team leadership including highly developed clinical skills in a Paediatric setting. Supervision of staff and students. Current clean driving licence, access to a car with business insurance. Ability to work across sites.
- Presentation and training skills
- Able to communicate highly complex, delicate or personal information where there are issues of how and what to convey. Ability to communicate effectively as part of inter/multidisciplinary team. Able to deal with complaints, verbal or written and collate information.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to communicate effectively on a strategic level
Isle of Wight NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Newport, Isle of Wight
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.