Do you want to be part of a team who have an excellent reputation for delivering a high standard of care, progressing changes and working innovatively? This may be an opportunity for you. If you are enthusiastic, well-motivated, with a flexible approach and you relish a challenge then join our team in delivering excellent standards of care. You will have a passion for care of the elderly and be willing to work within a multi-disciplinary team in maintaining a high standard of care. We pride ourselves in offering a nurturing and developing environmentcaring for patients with a multitude of co-morbidities. Please note this role is subject to a DBS check which will be charged to the successful candidate. Further details can be found within 'DBS information' attached to this advertMain duties of the job
To work within the framework for Clinical Governance to provide effective, high quality individualised nursing care to patients and relatives/carers and to contribute to the continuing development of nursing practice.
To work within the Trust's Competency Framework for Registered Nurses, the Ward/ Department Philosophy and the NMC Code of Conduct/ Professional Standards for the Protection of Patients.
- Ensure that safe, effective and holistic patient care is delivered
- Assist patients to fulfil the activities of daily living
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate individual programmes of care in partnership with patients and relatives/carers
- Accurately observe patient's condition and initiate appropriate action
One of the largest Trust's in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of over 11,000 amazing colleagues providing care to 800,000 residents.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health & Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is thatTime Mattersto everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of theresponsibilitiesand dutiesof this role please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationSkillsEssential
- oAwareness and understanding of current Government/Trust initiatives/NMC Code of Conduct
- oCurrent practices / trends within Medical assessment nursing
- oGood knowledge of infection control procedures/initiatives
- oAwareness of current issues within health and nursing
- oAble to plan and prioritise work
- oExtended nursing skills i.e. Cannulation, Venepuncture, undertaking ECGs,
- oRegistered Nurse
- oEvidence of ongoing professional development
- oRelevant teaching and mentoring qualification
- oProven NHS experience
- oExperience of delivering evidence based practice
- oTeam / people management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oExperience in medical assessment
- oExperience of ward coordination
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.