? Join Our Team: Financial Accountant Wanted! ?
Are you a finance enthusiast ready for a challenging and rewarding opportunity? We are excited to announce an opening for the position of Financial Accountant
within our dynamic finance department. As a key member of our team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the financial future of our Trust.
This role is not just a job it's a development opportunity. We believe in investing in our people, and this position is designed to provide you with valuable work experience and support as you work towards obtaining your CCAB or CIMA qualification, you'll have the chance to progress from Band 6 to Band 7 with additional responsibilities. Who We're Looking For:
Passionate individuals with a commitment to excellence in financial accounting.
Innovative thinkers who thrive in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
Team players who can build strong working relationships with various departments.
Ready to embark on a journey of professional growth and contribute to a meaningful cause? Apply now and let's build a brighter financial future together!Main duties of the job
We are on the lookout for a passionate and driven Financial Accountant to join our dynamic team. This isn't just a job it's an opportunity to shape the financial landscape of our Trust and Charities. If you're up for a challenge and ready to make a real impact, keep reading!
We are looking for individual with the drive to succeed to make a difference and support service improvement with the skills to actively engage with stakeholders both internal and external.
This role requires a self-motivated, pro-active individual with a structured and methodical approach to problem solving and excellent analytical, technical and interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritise and manage workload to meet deadlines.
Ideally the post holder will be a CCAB or CIMA member or in their latter stages of their professional qualification or alternatively be qualified by experience and be able to demonstrate professional credibility within their field.About us
We are a forward-thinking organization committed to excellence in all aspects of our work. Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, this role offers a unique chance to contribute to the development and maintenance of cutting-edge financial processes and control systems. We aim to be the best in class, and we need someone with the passion and expertise to help us achieve that goal.
Working with us gives you the knowledge and sense of pride that every activity you do genuinely does make a difference to support our patients & staff, ensuring we keep thriving & delivering outstanding healthcare right across our local towns.
You'll make an impact, be challenged to think differently, be bold & help innovate to keep improving things. Everything we do centres around patient care and enhancing their experience which means your role is pivotal and something really to be proud of. What's In It For You? Professional Development:
We invest in your growth through training and development activities. Impactful Work:
Your contributions will shape the financial success of our Trust and Charities. Innovative Environment:
Embrace the opportunity to implement new systems and processes.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesKey Responsibilities: Balance Sheet Brilliance:
- Conduct thorough reviews and reconciliations of control and suspense accounts within tight deadlines.
- Ensure all discrepancies are identified and resolved promptly, showcasing your keen eye for detail.
- Perform insightful variance analysis on the balance sheet, presenting findings to the Financial Controller.
Charitable Fund Champion:
- Identify opportunities for systemic changes and training to prevent future errors, collaborating with various departments.
- Innovate and implement processes that enhance efficiency and effectiveness in our accounting practices.
- Monitor and reconcile the Trust's Charitable Funds system, overseeing the production of monthly management accounts and quarterly committee papers.
- Manage cash and investment portfolios, ensuring financial commitments are met.
- Prepare working papers and calculations for the annual report and accounts.
- Assist with the Agreement of Balances exercise, income statements, and Whole of Government Accounts notes.
- Respond to audit queries and implement audit recommendations.
Person SpecificationQualifications & EducationEssential
- Oversee the Control team's tasks for month-end, ensuring accuracy in financial information.
- Support day-to-day cash management, ensuring the Trust's financial health.
- Mentor and develop the Financial Accounts Control Team, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- CCAB or CIMA full member or In the final stages of studying towards CCAB or CIMA qualification
- Participation in the Continuing Professional Development Programme
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Management development related qualification
- Higher education degree
- Experience in a Finance environment and/or extensive post qualification financial accounts experience.
- Hands on experience of operating, recording and implementing/improving financial services.
- Proven track record in a staff management
- Experience of working with others to ensure direction and policies are attainable within available resources
- Experience of providing and presenting financial advice to all levels of non-financial staff with differing backgrounds.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Acute Sector experience in Financial Accounts Department
- Experience of working with a Shared Services partner
- Up to date knowledge of accounting procedures and financial aspects of NHS legislation and policies
- Knowledge of VAT regulations, in particular those relating to Capital, Contracted Out Services and VAT exemption.
- Knowledge of charity legislation and Charity Commission guidelines
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Preston Business Centre
Watling Street Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.