To carry out all aspects of electrical work to maintain the health service premises across the estate. Install, test, commission, maintain, service and repair electrical and electronic systems as well as associated mechanical equipment. Maintain a safe environment for service users, staff and visitors with regards to building fabric and building services.
Work as an individual and act on own initiative as well as part of the trade team and participate in cross-trade working as and when required. Must be willing to carry out basic duties of mixed disciplines and attend training courses as necessary.
Must prioritise own work load on a day to day basis and ensuring tasks are carried out in an affective order, considering both urgency and location.Main duties of the job
Must be willing and available to participate in the out of hour's response arrangement as required.
Responsible for finishing own work including filling, making good and painting.
Must have a good working knowledge of, and become competent to work with, the following:-
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
Building Management Systems (BMS)
Fire alarm systems
Nurse call systems
Safety/panic alarm systems
The above is not intended as an exhaustive list, but as illustrations to the diversity of plant and equipment to be maintained. The post holder must be willing to attend any formal training required to maintain the high level of competency needed.
Carry out fault finding on a wide range of engineering plant and equipment including electrical distribution, lighting, fire detection, building control & automation, standby generator plant, security access control and nurse call systems.About usEPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer, the Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have theopportunity for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment.
Carry Trust communication devices i.e. pager, two-way radios, PDAs and/or mobile phone, at all times (whilst on duty) to facilitate immediate response to emergencies.
Maintain good communication and report directly to the relevant Estates Supervisors and/or Officers on a daily basis.
Liaise with Estates Supervisors and/or Officers to request the supply of goods and/or services as necessary.
Report any PPM defects to the Estates Officer/Supervisor in a clear and effective way and with the necessary urgency.
Communicate with a wide range of personnel in an appropriate manner.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Recognised Trade Apprenticeship in electrical discipline
- City & Guilds Technical Level 3 in Electrical Installation (or equivalent)
- NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installation/Engineering (or equivalent)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Specialist experience and professional knowledge to degree level obtained through technical courses and experience
- Knowledge of Electrical safety Code for LV systems
- Working knowledge of HTM 06-02 - Low Voltage systems
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.