Do you want a better work life balance? This post allows hybrid working between home and office. Are you a Cognitive behavioural therapist who wants to improve the mental health and services offered to CYP in education settings? Are you a qualified supervisor or willing and able to complete your training to become a supervisor? Then this is the post for you!
You will need the ability to work autonomously within the context of a multi-disciplinary team approach and undertake supervision of staff working within CAMHS.
To provide overall leadership to the practitioners through supervision as well as developing the supervision model within the MHST
You will work alongside the practitioners within the MHST, as well as working the Operational managers to develop and introduce a supervision pathway.
This is a new post and so you can develop the role alongside the management team within the MHST'sMain duties of the job
Lead on the strategic approach and development of the offer within schools across the Pennine Care footprint. Support the MHSTs to provide appropriate mental health assessments of children and young people referred to the service and provide a range of appropriate, evidence based clinical interventions informed by assessed individual need. You will strive to achieve the best for every young person, show commitment to delivering evidence based practice and have the capability of making clinical decisions around complex and emotive issues, supported by knowledge of relevant legislation and safeguarding in relation to the client group.
You must be an excellent communicator, be flexible, self motivated and have a willingness to build links with colleagues across team and agencies.
You will provide support, advice and consultation to professionals involved in the life of the child/young person and families/carers as appropriate. This post holder will supervise the MHST as appropriate and provide managerial and clinical supervision as appropriate.
You will work in partnership with the Operational Managers across the Pennine Care footprint and other Operational Leads and will further develop the partnership working that is currently taking place between education, the local authority and GM ICB.
You will lead on the development of the supervision pathway within the MHST overseeing and reviewing the processes.About usWe are proud to be the most improved mental health and learning disability trust to work for and the best in the north west (NHS staff survey 2022).
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. Were really proud of our #PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure were a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
When making your application, please ensure you give examples of how you demonstrate each of the criteria listed on the person specification. Please use your supporting information section and roles and responsibilities section of your application to demonstrate your examples. This is ultimately what you'll be shortlisted against.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualified, BABCP accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist
- Supervision qualification
- Willingness to complete the post graduate certificate in supervisory skills.
- Core profession (Social Care, Mental Health Nursing or Learning Disability Nursing), Occupational Therapist or Social worker plus further short courses and experience to post graduate diploma level
- Qualified systemic family therapist.
- Qualified Clinical Psychologist
- Experience of specialist mental health assessment and therapeutic interventions with children and young people with mental health problems and their families.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of child mental health problems, across the whole age range, reflecting all levels of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems and verbal and physical abuse.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of the application of specialist mental health assessment and therapeutic interventions of in different cultural contexts.
- Experience of working in MHST
- Experience of teaching, training and/or supervision.
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.