We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and committed midwife to complete our integrated midwifery team workforce. This post offers the opportunity to be part of Torbay's nationally renowned and well-established integrated team midwifery model.
We support women to have a safe and individually focused birth. We work closely with the Devon LMNS and our neighbouring Maternity Units to ensure that women in Devon receive high quality care. This post is suitable for experienced Midwives and those who have completed a Preceptorship Programme .
Fully integrated teams in the Torbay Maternity Service offer midwives the chance to maintain all skills. A current full driving licence is desirable, as you will be based in the community.
Successful applicant will be expected to participate in the escalation on call rota at least 1 per month on top of the team rota on calls.Main duties of the job
- To assess the full range of care needs and develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care throughout the antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal period for women and their babies
- To work autonomously within guidelines and sphere of professional practice
- To act as a mentor or practice supervisor for less experienced midwives, students and other members of the multi-professional team
- Work within NMC codes of practice and professional guidelines.
- Lead Professional for low-risk women
- Provide antenatal, intrapartum and post-natal care in a variety of settings, including home and hospital
- Work collaboratively with professional colleagues to provide midwifery care to with women with complex needs
- Contribute with feedback, to ensure the health and social care setting is responsive to the individual needs of women, particularly those who are disadvantaged, and where appropriate, advocate for these women
- Advocate and support the rights of individual women to make informed choices about their care
- Promote equality, diversity and rights
- Participate in and undertake annual appraisal, identifying specific training requirements as part of service planning and continuous personal development
Our fully integrated midwifery teams strive to provide continuity of care for women.We support women in the choice agenda at least 6% of women we care for choose to birth their baby out of hospital. We work closely with the Devon LMNS and our neighbouring Maternity Units to ensure that women in Devon receive high quality care.We are proud of our commitment to safe and individually focused birth and offering women choice in where to birth their baby.
https://vimeo.com/665641080/635cecef41Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Person SpecificationSpecific skillsEssential
- Registered Midwife
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Completed a preceptor programme
- Perineal suturing
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Mentorship qualification
- NIPE practitioner
- Knowledge of child protection, domestic violence, substance misuse and working with women with special needs
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Community experience
- Experience of home births
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.