Liverpool University Hospitals Foundation Trust is looking to recruit volunteers in various roles in order to enhance patient experience and support staff. We are looking for volunteers at all sites including Aintree Hospital, The Royal Hospital and Broadgreen Hospital. Roles include Outpatient Volunteers, Hospitality Volunteers and Patient Experience Feedback Volunteers.
Following the Government announcement and subsequent legislative requirement, health care workers must be fully vaccinated against COVID 19 as a condition of deployment before April 22. Successful applicants must have had their first Covid-19 vaccination by 3rd February 2022. Conditional offers of employment will include the need for the candidate to evidence their COVID 19 vaccination status or medical exemption letter as part of their pre-employment checks. Covid passes and medical exemptions can be applied for via https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/ Main duties of the job
We are looking for people with the following attributes
- Ability to communicate with all groups of people.
- Friendly, approachable personality.
- Helpful and accommodating manner.
- Sensitive, compassionate and tactful nature.
- Ability to give clear and concise directions.
- Able to work on own or part of a team.
- Provide a minimum of 3 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months
- Volunteers must be aged 16 and over
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Clinic & Outpatient Volunteer
- Help improve patient experience by providing a friendly welcome to all patients and visitorsas the arrive at clinic.
- Signpost patients to the self check in terminal and offer assistance if needed.
- Provide drinks and light refreshment to patients who are waiting to be seen.
- Run errands for staff as required.
- The Hospitality Volunteer role has been revised during the Covid pandemic to be flexible andresponsive to the Trusts ongoing needs during the pandemic. You may be based in a main foyer, ona reception area or in an outpatient clinic.
- Providing a friendly welcome to all patients and visitors on arrival at the Trust - escortpatients/visitors to their destination.
- Supporting visitors with PPE asking them to wear a mask, gel their hands and follow socialdistancing guidelines. Replenishing Trust PPE stations.
- Preparing care packages to support patients with additional toiletries, night clothes andbedside activities.
- Completing Patient Experience Questionnaires
Patient and Staff Experience Volunteer
Person SpecificationPersonal SpecificationEssential
- Improve patient experience by spending time listening to patients and chatting.
- Support the hospital in obtaining feedback from patients and their families on their experienceas either an in-patient or outpatient.
- Collect feedback using handheld electronic devices such as Ipads or using paper basedsurveys.
- Assist those patients who need extra support to complete surveys or questionnaires.
- Good interpersonal skills. The ability to be welcoming, friendly, polite and caring with all patients, visitors and Trust staff. To be sensitive, compassionate and have a tactful nature.
- To be able to give clear and concise directions
- To be reliable, honest and punctual
- Ability to communicate with all groups or people and work on your own or as part of a team.
- To be able to work within role and organisational boundaries.
- To embody the Trust Values.
- To exercise confidentiality and discretion
- Can provide a minimum of 3 hours per week for a minimum of 6 months
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous volunteering or experience of working in a health or social care environment is not required for this role, although any relevant life experiences should be detailed on the application.
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Liverpool University Hospitals - Royal Site
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.