An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Band 6 Physiotherapist to join our Integrated Community Team. We provide rehabilitation to adults living in the area who have long-term or complex health needs whilst providing an urgent community response service.
You will work closely alongside our nursing and frailty teams and wider Primary Care Colleagues to prevent hospital admissions, support patients being discharged from hospital, palliative care and promote self-management for patients with long term conditions.
We are looking for applicants who are keen to learn, able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, be team players and able to prioritise their workloads with a patient focused approach.
The post holder will participate in the development, training and support of the multi professional team and students. In return Southern Health offer training opportunities to support ongoing career development.
Applicants must be a registered physiotherapist and have full access to a vehicle for work and possession of a full driving license. The post holder will also need to be willing to work flexibly to support our 7-day service model 8 to 6. Flexible working patterns can be considered.
For any further information please contact:
Hannah Godfrey-Therapy Lead 07867341105/03001210173
firstname.lastname@example.orgMain duties of the job
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To provide specialist therapy skills within the Community Care Team.
- To assess and treat own caseload, which may include complex presentations and to maintain own records as an autonomous practitioner.
- To assist senior staff in the education and supervision of junior colleagues, assistants and students.
- To assist senior staff in daily management of the team and provision of therapy service, deputising for the team leader in their absence.
- To assist senior staff in development and maintenance of an efficient and effective therapy service.
- To contribute to the inter-disciplinary working within the Community therapy team and Locality by teaching, learning & practicing inter-disciplinary skills & techniques as defined by an agreed competency framework or training scheme.
Are you committed to providing remarkable care and service?Are you passionate about helping people and want to make a difference every day?We want to meet you!
Southern Health is one of the largest Foundation Trusts in the UK, specialising in mental health, adult and child community health and learning disabilities. We are committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse and neglect through our 6,500 strong workforce.
Southern Health has over 300 sites across the county and we serve 1.5 million people throughout all stages of their lives. Our aim is to work alongside the people we support (and our health and care partners) to deliver the best possible care and constantly improve.
Here at SHFT we have so much to be proud of:
- Working as a team and supporting each other, we put patients and our staff at the heart of everything we do.
- We have a skilled and diverse workforce and are committed to our staff development, offering bespoke training packages, leadership pathways and career opportunities.
- We offer a variety of benefits such as an amazing pension scheme, generous annual leave, Childcare Choices scheme, many discounts (Blue Light card, The Company Shop, NHS Staff Discounts, cycle to work scheme) and much more.
Come to work with us, together we will provide outstanding treatment and care to improve lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.
We are happy to talk Flexible Working - all requests for flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- - UK Health Professions Council registered Physiotherapist
- -Evidence of community experience and working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Southern Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Moorgreen Hospital, Botley Road, West End
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.