East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust is seeking to recruit a senior analyst to lead the work done with our clinical specialities.
The Medicine and Cancer Analytics Lead will work with the Head of Analytics and Deputy Head of Analytics to coordinate the provision of bespoke analysis for operational and clinical customers from the medicine, cancer, and women and children divisions.
The divisional team uses a wide range of analytics techniques including regular performance dashboards, demand and capacity modelling, and statistical analysis.
Informatics is key at ESNEFT, which is committed to using data to drive change in the way health services are provided to serve our 800,000 residents. With our philosophy that time matters, informatics is driving our use of technology, logistics and innovation to free-up our staffs' time and revolutionise patient experience and outcomes.
Success will mean ESNEFT has a team that is proactive and adaptable in finding analytical solutions to problems, can analyse data in innovative ways, and present findings clearly to a range of audiences. Your work will make a tangible contribution to delivering the Trust's Informatics Strategy.
In line with our current home working policy, working time will be split between Trust sites, with a proportion of time-spent working from home.Main duties of the job
- To work with the Head of Analytics and the Deputy Head of Analytics to scope and deliver projects, focussing on Trust-level priority projects and the most significant operational challenges, including the management of waiting lists, demand capacity planning and performance reporting.
- To work with the Head of Analytics to expand the capabilities of the divisional tem in the use of advanced analytical techniques for the purposes of forecasting, hypothesis testing, and key drivers analysis.
- To provide expert technical advice to the team on creating reports and models that both accessible and insightful to operational colleagues using the right platforms (e.g. R, PowerBI, others).
- To coordinate the senior and junior analysts working with the clinical divisions ensuring their work aligns with ESNEFT priorities and the Trust Analytics Strategy.
- To be responsible for the quality assurance of analysis produced by the senior and junior analysts working with the clinical divisions.
One of the largest Trusts in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of almost 12,000 amazing colleagues providing care to approximately a million people.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, unsocial hours payments (if applicable), 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a variety of services. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook.
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to bachelor level.
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Apha Senior Practitioner or equivalent willing to get Apha registered within 18 to taking the post
- Experience in delivering analytical products and insights, including predictive analyses and visual analysis dashboards
- Experience managing staff and coordinating small teams
- Experience developing analytical solutions for operational teams in surgical divisions
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Identifying and interpreting national policy and implementing required changes
- Experience using and interpreting metrics in Model Hospital
- Experience managing small projects.
- Advanced analytical skills
- Advanced user in Power BI
- Advanced user of MS Office suite, in particular Excel & SQL Server
- Benchmarking, modelling and forecasting skills
- Standards, the Secondary Uses Service and commissioning information
- Working knowledge of NHS Data Standards and Information Systems
- Understanding of the RTT waiting list metrics and process
Employer detailsEmployer name
- NHS IT systems
- Business planning /annual planning/long term planning
- Understanding of NHS data flows and information issues, including Data
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Colchester / Ipswich
Colchester / Ipswich
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.