An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic Band 5 Registered Nurse to join our friendly, supportive and proactive team on Midgley ward. We are an acute medical ward with a respiratory speciality.
You will be someone who is calm and able to treat your patient holistically, willing to get to know your patient and their families to enhance their care and be proactive in meeting the needs of the service.
You must be committed to providing high quality care to acutely ill patients with complex needs andwill possess effective communication skills and have the ability to work effectively as part of a team. The post offers the opportunity for personal and professional development.Main duties of the job
- To work as a registered nurse within a team responsible to the team leader/shift coordinator caring for patients and their carer's.
- To fully utilise the learning opportunities available. You will gain an understanding of the physiological, psycho-social, spiritual and cultural needs of the patients and their carer's and to develop a broad spectrum of clinical proficiency to deliver nursing care.
- To promote a safe clinical environment for all patients, their carer's, visitors and staff.
- To comply with the Trust's values and expected behaviours.
- Understand, interpret and nurse patients on non invasive ventilation and high flow nasal oxygen.
Our purpose is to provide high quality, safe healthcare at the right time, and in the right place to support the people of Torbay and South Devon, and it's visitors.
We are a Trust that values it's workforce, actively engaging and celebrating your successes.
Maintain Trust values and work within the guidelines set out in policies and procedures.
Treat everyone as an individual without discrimination.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.
#caretojoinusPerson Specificationwritten and verbal questionsEssential
- Registered Nurse or awaiting pin
- Evidence of Effective Communication Skills
- Understanding of the role
- Ability to work as part of a team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Interest in Respiratory conditions and impact on patients
- Ability to act as a mentor to students
- Willingness to learn and support others learning
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.