Consultant Psychiatrist - Liaison Psychiatry, Preston (10PA)
*RRP payment Payable
* This post will attract a Recruitment & Retention Premia for 3 years as follows: 20% of basic salary in the first 12 months 15% of basic salary in the second 12 months 10% of basic salary in the third 12 months
Eligibility criteria do apply. Please note that staff currently employed by the Trust would not be eligible to apply for this recruitment and retention premia.
We are looking to recruit a Consultant Psychiatrist in Liaison Psychiatry. This full time (10PA), substantive post is based at the Avondale Unit at Royal Preston Hospital. You would be joining our well established Mental Health Liaison Team operating within the Emergency Department (A& E) and Medical Assessment Wards.
You will be expected to participate on the Consultant On Call rota, for which additional remuneration will be paid.Main duties of the job
You will be leading an MDT supported by junior doctors, nursing staff, operational managers, clinical psychologists, social workers, pharmacists and OTs. An opportunity to work in an exciting, fast paced environment and being able to deliver to the overall care available to patients referred to the team.
Applicants should hold full GMC registration and be included on the Specialist register of the GMC or they should be eligible for entry to the Specialist Register within 6 months of the interview date.
It is a requirement that applicants are Section 12 Approved at the time of commencing employment and have or are eligible to have Approved Clinician Status. Remuneration will be as set out in the terms of the New Consultant Contract according to previous experience.About us
- At least 2.5 SPAs as standard for a full time post (we would be flexible in looking at enhancements to support other activities that support the wider ambitions of the Trust).
- Excellent peer support group
- Study leave budget of �3000 over 3 years or up to �5000 over 3 years for newly qualified Consultants
- Opportunities to be a clinical supervisor
- Relocation package available.
It's also an exciting time to be joining LSCFT as we have significantly expanded our Medical Leadership positions in areas such as suicide prevention, Mental Health Law, Audit & Effectiveness, and Locality Medical Director roles. We also have an extremely active Medical Education department and support our Consultants in becoming Clinical & Educational Supervisors and nurturing their interests in this area. There are also opportunities to have a role in Digital Leadership if this is a passion for any of our Consultants.
Check out our twitter accounts for examples of some exciting things we are working on via @LSCFTMedics and @LSCFTMedEdJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details about this post.
The Job Description has been approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC registration and Licence to Practise
- Entry on GMC Specialist Register or within 6 months
- Section 12 approval or within 3 months
- AC status or within 3 months
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge, skills and experience relevant to this role
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Avondale Unit, Royal Preston Hospital
Sharoe Green Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.