We are looking for Consultant Psychiatrists to join two of our established Community Mental Health Teams (CMHT) In Havant and Waterlooville as well as Fareham and Gosport. You will be joining a group of 11 substantive consultants working across the acute care pathway and community within the East Hampshire area of Bordon, Petersfield, Havant, Waterlooville, Hayling Island, Fareham and Gosport.Main duties of the job
You will provide clinical leadership and expert clinical care for the Havant CMHT. You will have flexibility within your job plan to enable you to use and the team to benefit from clinical expertise combining face to face clinical contacts with patients and supervision and support of the time through day to day clinical discussions and the MDT meetings.
There are robust clinical practice processes within the team and you will work closely with the Team Manager, Liz Gremont.
The Havant CMHT consists of: --
1 x B8a Team Manager
2 x B7 Team Leader
8 x B6 Nurse/Social Worker
2.5 x B5 Nurse
1 Psychiatry Core trainee -- supervised by this post holder
1.3 x OT
6.4 x B3 Health Care Support Worker
0.5 x B4 Health Care Support Worker
2 x B4
2.8 x B3
3.4 x B2
The services in Hampshire are not integrated with Hampshire Adult Services however the CMHT does directly employ a Social Worker and has excellent links with Adult Social Care.About us
Are you committed to providing remarkable care and service?
Are you passionate about helping people and want to make a difference every day?
We want to meet you!
Southern Health is one of the largest Foundation Trusts in the UK, specialising in mental health, adult and child community health and learning disabilities. We are committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse and neglect through our 6,500 strong workforce.
Southern Health has over 300 sites across the county and we serve 1.5 million people throughout all stages of their lives. Our aim is to work alongside the people we support (and our health and care partners) to deliver the best possible care and constantly improve.
Here at SHFT we have so much to be proud of:
- Working as a team and supporting each other, we put patients and our staff at the heart of everything we do.
- We have a skilled and diverse workforce and are committed to our staff development, offering bespoke training packages, leadership pathways and career opportunities.
- We offer a variety of benefits such as an amazing pension scheme, generous annual leave, Childcare Choices scheme, many discounts (Blue Light card, The Company Shop, NHS Staff Discounts, cycle to work scheme) and much more.
Come to work with us, together we will provide outstanding treatment and care to improve lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description for further detail on the role. The person specification is also available in the attached document.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Full Registration with the General Medical Council
- To hold Approved Clinician status at the point of taking up post
- MRCPsych or recognised equivalent
- Eligible for inclusion in the Specialist Register or within 12 months of CCT at time of interview.
- Approved under section 12(2) of the Mental Health Act 1983.
Southern Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Parkway Centre
94-96 Wickham Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.