We in the Community Complex Care Team pride ourselves on our delivery of excellent, holistic patient and family centred care within the home, school and a variety of community settings. All of our client group (Adults and Children) have highly complex physical health needs, which we meet in order to support their independence and enable them to lead fulfilling lives at home with their families.
We are a large, expanding team covering the whole of Staffordshire, with office bases in Stafford, Stoke-On-Trent & Lichfield. We operate in a Hub system, which is, based on geographical location. This allows us to ensure a supportive, small team feel across all hubs. We provide a 24/7 nurse on call service, ensuring a constant point of contact where support can be accessed.Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for the oversight of safe day to day delivery of care to specific patients with continuing complex health care needs. This will involve holistic assessment of patients and families, working closely with the multi-disciplinary team through the case management approach, and comprehensive training, assessment, and delegation to unregistered support workers. You will be responsible for the direct line management of several Band 2, 3 and 4 Support Workers.
This post requires significant and demonstrable post registration experience within complex or critical care settings.
The majority of this post will be working days with rotational on call overnight. Occasional shift cover, including night shifts or weekends will be required in line with service demand.About us
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, milage paid at business rate s
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information on the Job Description, main responsibilities and Person Specification to ensure you have the relevant skills for the post, please see the attached documents.
The post holder will work their hours flexibly to meet the needs of the service. The post-holder will participate in a 24/7 on-call rota to provide out of hours support.
Post-registration experience in a community, continuing health care environment or critical care is essential. A post registration qualification in a relevant area is desirable.
Must be able to travel across the Staffordshire locality but will be based in a Stafford or Lichfield base for mileage purposes.
This role will also encompass some working from home, so autonomy and forward thinking are essential skills.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse (child, adult or learning disability branch).
- A post registration qualification in a relevant area is desirable.
- Post- registration experience in a community, continuing health care environment or critical care.
- Acute or community experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of managing and leading a team
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bentilee Neighbourhood Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.