We are seeking a skilled and experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join our dynamic team. As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation and continuous improvement of our ICT systems
We value teamwork, enthusiasm, and dedication to delivering exceptional customer service. In this fast-paced environment, you will face diverse challenges every day.
In addition to our ongoing support, process improvements and project delivery we have a number of key infrastructure initiatives underway (EG Windows 11 deployment, Unified Communications, AD domain consolidation, Legacy technology replacement) Key Responsibilities:
Main duties of the job
- Collaborate with colleagues and stakeholders to implement and support and make improvements to technologies such as VOIP, networking, Azure, end point management, VMWare, and more.
- Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure issues promptly, ensuring minimal disruption to critical services.
- Proactively monitor alerts, system performance, capacity, and security, implementing necessary enhancements and optimizations.
- Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience as an Infrastructure Engineer, preferably within the healthcare sector or a similarly demanding industry.
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols, server administration, and virtualization technologies.
- Experience with Azure, MDM, VOIP, and VMWare is highly desirable.
- Proficiency in supporting Windows operating systems and familiarity with Windows 11
As an Infrastructure Engineer within our NHS trust, you will have a diverse range of responsibilities aimed at ensuring the smooth operation of our ICT systems. Your primary focus will be on resolving incidents, problems, and service requests in a timely manner, adhering to agreed service level agreements (SLAs). You will be the go-to person for troubleshooting and providing technical solutions to infrastructure-related issues. Your expertise and support will be invaluable in maintaining a high standard of service delivery.
By joining our team, you can look forward to a varied, inspiring, and rewarding career. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the delivery of healthcare services through technology.
We provide a supportive and innovative work environment, where your skills and contributions are valued. Embrace the challenges and rewards that come with this role and be part of a team dedicated to making a difference in the lives of patients and healthcare professionals alike. Apply now to embark on an exciting journey with us.About us
One of the largest Trusts in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of over 14,000 amazing colleagues providing care to 800,000 residents.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health & Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
If you want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description. Person SpecificationQualifcationEssential
- Relevant qualification or significant experience of working at degree level Evidence of continued professional development
- CCNA, MCP, MCSE,
- ITIL Qualification
- Support/Infrastructure management Capacity with experience of supporting a complex multi-vendor environment.
- Experience in a role within an organisation with 1000+ users working in a Voice Services environment
- Proven experience of workload planning and delivery of key targets within a service environment.
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- NHS IT experience
- A good working knowledge of Information Security
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Extensive knowledge of ICT & Technology
- Good understanding of change management
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Understanding of the NHS and current agenda
- Knowledge of Problem Solving Root Cause Analysis methods
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Ipswich / Colchester
Ipswich / Colchester
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.