The candidate will possess a completed relevant MSc in advanced practice, have extensive clinical experience in emergency care evidenced through an RCEM portfolio that will enable them to work as part of the medical team seeing a full range of adult and paediatric emergency conditions. This is an exciting time for development and expansion at Darent Valley, and you will work within a dynamic multi- disciplinary team and under the supervision of the Emergency Department Nurse Consultant and Clinical Director to enhance the patient experience through the delivery of excellent patient-focused care. A commitment to the advancement of emergency care, together with the knowledge and expertise of change management are also required. As an ACP you will act as a leader within the service and role model to junior colleagues
The Trust has a strong commitment to equality and diversity. We aim to employ a representative workforce that reflects the communities we serve. 'Positive action' initiatives can be used whenever an under-represented group is identified. As our workforce is currently under-represented in bands 6, 7 and 8, we encourage applications from people with black or minority ethnic backgrounds.Main duties of the job
The post holder is required to deliver an advanced level of clinical practice within the field of emergency care. Working within local and nationally agreed protocols and guidelines, the ACP exercises independent judgement to assess, investigate, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate the clinical care and management of emergency department patients. This includes majors, minors, resus and mental health. Where competent and qualified to do so this will include children of all ages. They work alongside and support the education and development of both nursing and medical colleagues.- ACPs are able to look after patients with a wide range of pathologies from the life threatening to the self-limiting, critically ill and injured with expertise in resuscitation and skilled in the practical procedures The ACP practises both autonomously and in partnership with the multidisciplinary team under the clinical supervision provided byan Emergency Department Nurse Consultant. The ACP complements the Middle Grade roster and the nursing rota by acting as a senior resource for nurses.The ACP will deliver 90% direct clinical care, with the remaining 10% dedicated to their own professional development, which may include audit, research and development.About us
We regard staff development as integral to how we work and this is demonstrated by consistently strong staff survey results, and being an HSJ Top 100 Employer. We have also been shortlisted for awards and rated amongst the best trusts in country for staff engagement by Listening into Action.
As an ambitious organisation we are continuously looking for ways to enhance and improve the services we offer to our local populations to meet the needs our patients.Our high Friends and Family Test score is testament to our delivery of high quality care and we have been voted one of the 'Best Places to Work in the NHS' for the second year running. Our welcoming culture and exciting journey ahead will provide fantastic opportunities for our current and future staff within our developing services.
Our staff are our most valuable asset.
- We currently have a workforce of approximately 3000 staff across a wide range of professional and specialist groups.
- We were recently re-accredited by 'Investors in People' which we have held for a decade.
Our Values are critical to our success and we expect all staff to adhere to them:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Delivery high qualityCARE WITH COMPASSIONto every patient.
- DemonstratingRESPECT AND DIGNITYfor patients, their carers' and our colleagues.
- STRIVING TO EXCELin everything we do.
- Sustaining the highestPROFESSIONAL STANDARDS, showing honesty, openness and integrity in all our actions.
- WORKING TOGETHERto achieve the best outcomes for our patients.
The ACP role is a cutting edge role in the field of emergency nursing which crosses professional boundaries, undertaking traditional medical roles and leading the pathway in inter professional practice. It is a role model of excellence in the delivery of holistic care to patients in the emergency department (ED). The post holder is required to deliver an advanced level of clinical practice within the field of emergency care. Working within local and nationally agreed protocols and guidelines, the ACP exercises independent judgement to assess, investigate, diagnose, plan, implementand evaluate the clinical care and management of emergency department patients.This includes majors, minors, resus and mental health. Where competent and qualified to do so this will include children of all ages. They work alongside and support the education and development of both nursing and medical colleagues.In 2015 the Royal College of Emergency Medicine (RCEM), Health Education England, Royal College of Nursing (RCN) and the College of Paramedics (CoP) published the Emergency Care Advanced Clinical Practitioner Curriculum and Assessment framework upon which the ACP role at DVH ED is based. The curriculum sets out the intended aims and objectives, content, experiences, outcomes and processes of the educational program intended to provide ACPs with the knowledge and expertise to be safe, expert practitioners functioning within themultidisciplinary EM team. In addition the curriculum outlines the role as follows:- ACPs are able to look after patients with a wide range of pathologies from the life threatening to the self-limiting.- They are able to identify the critically ill and injured, providing safe andeffective immediate care- They have expertise in resuscitation and skilled in the practical procedures-They establish the diagnosis and differential diagnosis rapidly, and initiate or plan for definitive care-They work with all the in-patient and supporting specialities as well as primary care and pre-hospital services-They are able to correctly identify who needs admission and who can besafely sent homeRCEM, HEE, RCN, CoP (2105) page 4The ACP has a key working relationship with Emergency Department Consultants, ED nursing staff, ED Senior nursing staff, service users, Divisional Manager, General Manager, Divisional Clinical Director, Lead Clinicians, Head of Nursing, Consultant Nurses, Matrons, Sisters, Administrative teams, Clinical Practice Facilitators, ClinicalNurse Specialists, Chief Nurse, external stakeholders (i.e Ambulance Service, CCGs, community matrons etc)The ACP bridges the professional and clinical boundaries between nursing and medical care enabling them to take on the role and responsibilities formerly undertaken by medical staff. The ACP practises both autonomously and in partnership with the multidisciplinary team under the clinical supervision provided by an Emergency Department Nurse Consultant. The ACP complements the Middle Grade roster and the nursing rota by acting as a senior resource for nurses.The ACP will deliver 90% direct clinical care, with the remaining 10% dedicated to management, education and research.Person SpecificationEDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONEssential
- oRegistered Nurse or Paramedic
- oMasters level education in Advanced Clinical Practitioner (or equivalent)
- oSubstantial Emergency Services experience at a Senior level
- oRegistered Independent Non-Medical Prescriber
- oMust be an RCEM credentialed ACP or working towards the credentialing process to complete in 12 months
- oEmergency nurse practitioner (ENP) qualification
- oALS/APLS/ETC provider
- oALS/APLS/ETC instructor
- oTeaching qualification
- oStrong clinical practice at ENP/ANP/ACP/CCP level
- oAdvanced decision making skills that reflect a patient focus
- oExpert knowledge of nursing practice and multidisciplinary team work within ED area
- oEvidence of conducting audit/research
- oEvidence of effective line management
- oEvidence of maintaining complex relationships
- oLeadership skills capable of supporting and developing service/others
- oNetworking amongst internal and external professionals / organisations
- oI.T. skills
- oTeaching and presentation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oUnderstanding/application of research methodology
Dartford and Gravesham NHS TrustAddress
Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.