The Critical Care Unit at Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust runs on two sites. We are looking for band 5 nurses, motivated and enthusiastic nurses with excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for critical care.
Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital has an 18 bed facility with a team of approximately 80 nurses. We admit patients post peritoneal malignancy surgery until they are ready to go to the specialist ward, also we admit both medical and surgical admissions from the Emergency Department and the wards
The unit at RHCH is a 9 bedded facility, with a team of approximately 40 nurses.
Wepride ourselves on our friendly and supportive reputation. Patients vary and we admit both medical and surgical admissions from the Emergency Department and the wards. We have an outreach service and this team works alongside the critical care team to ensure best care for our patients. We also run an established Advanced Critical Care Practitioner program.
We highly recommend an informal visit to the unit.Main duties of the job
To deliver high quality, effective and compassionate individualised health care to all critically ill patients and their families. You will work as part of a team supporting and developing colleagues whilst contributing to the efficient and effective operation of the department.The post holder is required to be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
The primary base for this advert in BNHH. You will be required to work cross site (RHCH Critical Care) occasionally, transport is provided.About us
Our vision is to provide outstanding care for every patient. Patient care is at the heart of what we do at our three sites: Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester and Andover War Memorial Hospital.
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides medical and surgical services to a population of approximately 600,000 people across Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire.
Our cultural ambition is to have a culture that places people at the heart of all we do, where we all belong, and where learning, improvement and excellence thrive.
We provide specialist services to people across the UK and internationally. We are one of only two centres in the UK treating pseudomyxoma peritonei (a rare form of abdominal cancer) and we are leaders in the field of tertiary liver cancer and colorectal cancer.
The trust employs more than 9,000 staff and has a turnover of over �500 million a year. As a Foundation Trust, we are directly accountable to our members through the governors. The Council of Governors represent the interests of their constituencies and influence the future plans of the Foundation Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Happy to talk flexible working - all requests for flexible and part time working will be considered.
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.
If you would like to know more about the unit or the services and support we offer please contact us.Person SpecificationTRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONSEssential
- Current Professional Registration
- Degree level education or equivalent knowledge and skills gained through any combination of alternative study, or employment experience
- Computer Literate
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Recognised ITU/HDU Course
- Teaching and assessing qualification
- Experience in an acute setting within medicine, surgery or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Professional Code of Conduct
- Able to apply evidence-based practice
- Awareness of clinical governance
SKILLS AND ABILITYEssential
- Demonstratable experience in an acute trust.
- Ability to successfully manage people and change
- An understanding of current issues relating to the NHS
- Patient focused
- Good communication skills
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good management of own and others time
- Able to use initiative and make decisions
- Analyses problems and implements appropriates solutions
OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTSEssential
- Have a confident approach and the ability to inspire confidence
- Experience of Cardiac Output Monitoring
- Experience of renal replacement therapy
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Professional at all times
- Motivated and able to motivate others
- Good interpersonal skills
- Effective multi-professional working
- Ability to work across the Trust sites as service needs dictate
- Able to work under pressure
- Ability to deal with difficult/sensitive situations
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Basingstoke & North Hampshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.