We are recruiting for a Nurse Team Leader - Critical Care Unit who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
Our Values are Include, Respect and Improve. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!
We are looking for a enthusiastic, flexible and determined Band 6 Critical Care Team Leader to join our motivated, friendly and supportive team.
You will have experience working within a Critical Care area and will have completed a course in Critical Care nursing and have a proven 'get on and do' approach to your clinical responsibilities.
We can offer you the benefits of comprehensive training and the chance to focus on your speciality whilst developing your management skills, not to mention great working relationships at all levels and an environment in which you`ll really be listened to.
We are committed to helping you reach your fullest potential with our commitment to advancing nursing practice reflected in significant opportunities for training and development co-ordinated by our clinical nurse educator and facilitated by our nursing teams.Main duties of the job
You will provide specialist nursing care and expertise, both in delivering direct patient care and in support of other staff caring for the acutely unwell and deteriorating patients across East and North Herts NHS Trust.
Expertly managing complex Critically ill patients including those who are ventilated, haemofiltered and cardiocvascularly compromised, both within and external to the Critical Care.
You will support Senior sister/Charge Nurse in leading the team, promoting expert nursing care and delivering a consistently high standard of healthcare for all level 2 and 3 urology, general surgical, vascular and surgical speciality patients.
Planning,developing, implementing and evaluating standards of care for acutely unwell/ critically ill patients in line with evidence-based guidelinesAbout us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- RGN on part 1 of the NMC register
- ENB 100 or equivalent
- Diploma in Nursing
- Evidence of ongoing professional development and education related to speciality and commitment to lifelong learning
- Able to produce personal professional portfolio.
- ILS course
- Degree in critical care or nursing equivalent
- KSF Appraisal training
- Attendance Management training
- Disciplinary / Capability training
- Recruitment & Selection training
- Complaints Resolution training
- ALERT training
- ENB 998 / C& G 730 or Assessor course.
- Band 5 in critical care with proven significant experience.
- Experience in mentoring, assessing and coaching.
- Understanding of clinical conditions requiring critical care nursing
- An awareness of relevant political and professional issues in health care
- Previous experience as shift / team leader.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and workloads
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to contribute to the development of specialist protocols and practice changes, arising from audits.
- Evidence of active involvement in developing new ways of working
- Experience of Change Management
- Evidence of Management Skills training
- Budget/Resource Management
- Previous Critical Care Outreach experience.
- Formal teaching experience
- Up to date knowledge of relevant political and professional issues in healthcare.
- High standard of clinical skills.
- Understanding of effective team work
- Strong leadership skills
- Effective communication and liaison skills
- Understanding of skill-mix and workload patterns
- Effective role mode
- Demonstrates ability in influencing and negotiating
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and workloads
- Ability to facilitate and support learning
- Organisational ability
- Assertiveness skills and an ability to deal with complex interpersonal conflict
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrate an awareness of Clinical Governance and Risk Management and how this affects their role in the department
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of others
- Computer literacy
- Awareness of Health & Safety legislation
- Enthusiastic and keen to participate in projects
- Ability to teach groups
- Research awareness
- Experience of working autonomously
- Ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to lead and manage change
- Awareness of clinical governance issues
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Exemplary standards of personal conduct and behaviour
- Confidence and ability to challenge practice where appropriate
- Able to diffuse difficult situations
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate ability to think creatively and laterally
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Coreys mill Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.