The post holder has deputy managerial and leadership responsibility for the Audiology service including delivery, evaluation, monitoring and development of the service and its staff. The post holder will have highly developed and specialist knowledge and clinical skills underpinned by M-level or higher theoretical knowledge and significant practical experience. The post holder will have devolved responsibility for the Audiology budget. The post holder will be the Quality and Governance Lead for Audiology on both sites, Bedford and Luton & Dunstable. The post holder will be based at Luton Hospital but is expected to work across all Bedfordshire Hospitals provider sites.Main duties of the job
The candidate will receive Deputy management and leadership responsibility for the Audiology Service (Luton site). The candidate is required to have highly developed and specialist audiology knowledge and clinical skills. The post holder will require developed responsibility for the Audiology budget. The candidate will be the Quality Lead for Audiology on both sites, Bedford and Luton & Dunstable, and will have responsibility for audiology Governance and Quality programmes (including the service's IQIPS project).About us
Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides hospital services to a growing population of around 700,000 people living across Bedfordshire and the surrounding areas across two busy hospital sites in Bedford and Luton. Both hospital sites offer key services such as A& E, Obstetrics-led Maternity and Paediatrics.
You will be joining a friendly, high performing Trust committed to ensuring the health and wellbeing of staff. As one of the largest NHS Trusts in our region you will have access to a programme of high quality training and development to help you grow your career.
We have state-of-the art facilities placing us at the heart of cutting edge health care. The Trust continues to be committed to delivering the best patient care using the best clinical knowledge and technology available.
Please note that vacancies may close prior to the advertised closing date when sufficient number of applications have been received. Please ensure that you make your application as soon as possible.
All new staff will be subject to a probationary period covering their first six months in post. Travel between hospital sites may be required.
Please review all documents attached to this advert to ensure you familiarise yourself with all requirements of the job.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe Job Description and Person Specification are attached to this job, please review for the full details and responsibilities
- Line management responsibility for the Luton-based Audiology team.
- Responsible for the performance management of line reports.
- To monitor and manage sickness and well being issues.
- To monitor and manage disciplinary, performance and grievance matters, and Health and Safety (H& S) matters.
- To participate in the recruitment, selection and interviewing process for new staff
- MSc in Audiology or equivalent M level qualification
- Management & Leadership qualification
- Substantial post qualification experience in Audiology
- Line manager experience, to include undertaking APDRs, formulating and supporting PDPs, one-to-one interviews, staff development and performance and sickness management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good level of computer literacy
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and in writing
Bedfordshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Luton & Dunstable Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.