This is a unique opportunity to join the physiotherapy team at the Remeo Lane Fox respiratory weaning unit, based in the heart of Surrey and a satellite to the Lane Fox unit at Guy's and St Thomas's Hospital.
We are looking for an inspirational band 7 physiotherapist with expertise in the field of critical care respiratory physiotherapy and neuro-muscular rehabilitation. To succeed in this post you will need experience of managing patients with chronic respiratory failure and complex neurological disorders.
The Remeo physio team is linked with the critical care physiotherapy team within the East Surrey Hospital for professional support and appropriate shared teaching/ development, as well as the multidisplinary team at The Lane Fox Unit at St Thomas' Hospital. The Remeo physiotherapy team includes a full time band 6 and band 5 physiotherapist on rotation from East Surrey Hospital and a full time therapy assistant.
The Remeo Unit is a purpose built 20 bedded facility, which opened in October 2014. Much thought and planning has gone in to making this a state of the art building with excellent facilities for patients, including a gym area, home simulation unit and an outdoor terrace.Main duties of the job
For further information, please see the attached trust job description and person specification for a full list of duties and responsibilities.About us
We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill a community of over 535,000 people. We provide acute and complex services and a range of outpatient, diagnostic services whilst Crawley Hospital and Horsham in West Sussex and Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey provide less complex planned services. In 2019 the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated our services as 'Outstanding' and we are one of the best performing Trusts in England:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Winners of Health Service Journal Acute Trust of the year award 2021.
- National Patient Safety Awards winner and strive to be a beacon for safety in all that we do.
- We are rated the sixth highest trust in the South East and in the top 25% nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work or receive treatment.
Once you understand the requirements outlined in the advert, please ensure your application accurately reflects where you match them. For further information regarding the role please read the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationCriteriaEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of a good standard of written English appropriate to the role
- A complete and accurate application
- Suitability for role evidenced in supporting statement
- Evidence of essential experience for role
- Meet the essential education/qualifications required for the role
- Hold the necessary mandatory professional/clinical registration
- Evidence of the Trust values and behaviours
- Evidence of any other essential criteria outlined in the personal specification
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
East Surrey Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.