Community Mental Health Nurse - Band 5 South Warwickshire Community Mental Health Team based at St Mary's Lodge / Ashton House / Stratford Healthcare Full time, permanent roles
We have an exciting opportunity for 2 band 5 nurses to gain experience in the area of Community Mental Health in the Coventry Community Mental Health Team. The team works with service users with psychotic and non-psychotic illnesses across the South Warwickshire
If you are interested in working with a highly skilled multi-disciplinary team, to enable you to progress to a Band 6 with then this is the right post for you.
We are about to go through our community mental health transformation, so this is exciting time as our community services are coming together to provide evidence based mental health interventions for our community.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will work alongside a multi-disciplinary team including other nurses to deliver recovery focused interventions in the community. This includes key working and generic roles in the team such as office duty as well as specific nursing tasks such as supporting our range of clinics, therapy and group interventions. We encourage staff to bring their own ideas to meet patient needs, and have regular service development sessions to encourage ongoing development. You will receive extensive support and supervision from the Management and Leadership team.
We utilise the Flexible Assertive Community Treatment (Fact) and Recovery models to deliver multi-disciplinary care to our service users, this supports staff in managing the complex range of challenges our patient group face. For more information on this role please see the attached support information. This will give you a better overview of the job role and requirements.About us
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT), we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
We put 'people at our heart' this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others and offer a wide range of benefits and development opportunities.
- generous annual leave entitlement which increases during your time with us
- excellent learning and development opportunities, including apprenticeship frameworks, distance learning, internal training, coaching and mentoring, and much more
- salary sacrifice schemes for lease car/ vehicle, Cycle to Work, home and electronics, gym membership and more
- discounts with a range of retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues through our Employee Assistance Programme and NHS discount schemes
- wellbeing support, including an in-house counselling service, external helpline and more
- staff networks and support group
We're always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and wellbeing of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic confident individual who can work on their own as well as supporting the team. Good communication and problem solving skills are essential, as well as knowledge of mental illness and the challenges this brings in daily life. You also need to be a driver with access to transportation that can be used for business purposes. We welcome staff who are team players, supportive of their colleagues and have the Trust visions and values. An enthusiasm for service development and innovation is essential.
The role has the expectation of managing and / or supervising junior staff depending on skills and experience.
Visits to the team are encouraged to appreciate this challenging but exciting role and give the opportunity to ask any questions.Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLSEssential
- Qualified RN(MH) registered with the NMC
- Relevant Professional Qualification ie. RMN, DipCOT
- Expertise within a discipline underpinned by theory
- Professional clinical knowledge acquired through degree/ diploma
- Shows excellent written communication skills
- Knowledge gained within a similar environment
- Must have full driving licence and access to a motor vehicle for business use
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in a Community Mental health care setting
- Experience of undertaking formulation, risk assessment and positive risk management
- Experience of staff supervision
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Ashton House / St Mary's Lodge / Stratford Healthcare
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.