We are looking for a passionate and committed Registered nurse who has an interest in Elderly care or is interested in gaining a broad knowledge around this fantastic area of nursing.
Simpson is a 28 bedded healthcare of the elderly ward and receives a broad range of acute medical conditions. Working alongside the MDT you will get a chance to help change patients lives.
You will work as a Registered Nurse within a multidisciplinary team. To promote and maintain a safe clinical environment for all patients, their carers, visitors and staff. Comply with the Trust's values and expected behaviours and deliver a high standard of care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.To ensure care, assessments, treatment and documentation is delivered in line with Guidelines and to act as an advocate for patients, their families and staff. We currently have 2 vacancies available :- 1 x Full time - 37.5 1x Part time - 34.5Main duties of the job
- To act with professionalism and integrity, being a role model to those around us and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity
- To provide a service that is tailored to meet the needs of the individual and to understand what our patients/customers need and be adaptable and responsive
- To Document and evaluate all care given
- To act as an advocate for staff, patients and relatives at all times
- To provide a high-quality customer service which complies with relevant legislation and NHS Employment check standards
- To be honest and learn from mistakes, and help to create a no-blame culture were people feel able to share and learn from experiences together
- To be aware of the side effects of any treatment in progress and adopt a problem-solving approach to minimise the potentially adverse reactions
- To work as part of a team demonstrating effective communication, and working collaboratively with colleagues inside and out of the department.
- To undertake intravenous drug administration within 6 months of being in post, following successful completion of Trust training and assessment
- Acknowledge that you need to continually deliver greater value to customers
- Be honest about your biggest challenges and create a culture of curiosity and openness
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust encourages a multi-cultural workforce, with a focus on staff well-being.
You will be a valued team member who is happy to input ideas and suggestions but also ensure Trust Policy is adhered to. You will support others to provide a standardised level of safe care.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.
- Registered Nurse (Adult)
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience of working in acute care
- Effective communication skills
- Evidence of team working
- Ability to work shifts including nights
- Able to work flexibly
- Good interpersonal skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Extended nursing skills, IV's, Catheters, Venepuncture
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Simpson Ward Torbay Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.