A unique opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, enthusiastic and driven individual.
As a Social Worker in an integrated Mental Health Team you will make a difference by providing appropriate and effective interventions to people with severe and enduring mental health needs, and those in their networks, enabling and assisting them to meet daily health, social care and well-being needs, in line with personal recovery goals.
You will need to have experience of working with people who have mental health problems. Experience of working in a community setting in relation to supporting people to achieve and sustain independent living. Assessment and care management experience. You will need to organise and manage a complex workload and work in partnership with a wide range of individuals and agencies.
Our philosophy is 'together we can make things better', if this aligns with your ambition, passion and beliefs, we will welcome an application from you.Main duties of the job
- To act with professionalism and integrity, being a role model to those around us and ensuring everyone has an equal opportunity.
- To provide a service that is tailored to meet the needs of the individual and to understand what our patients/clients need and be adaptable and responsive
- Professional practice should be informed by the following principles:
- We should not intervene unless really necessary
- People probably know best what they need
- People are not defined by their difficulties
- People have a right to live without fear or harm.
- To provide a high quality customer service which complies with relevant legislation and NHS Employment check standards.
- To be honest and learn from mistakes, and help to create a no-blame culture were people feel able to share and learn from experiences together.
- To work as part of a team demonstrating effective communication, and working collaboratively with colleagues inside and out of the department.
- Acknowledge that you need to continually deliver greater value to customers.
- Be honest about your biggest challenges and create a culture of curiosity and openness.
- Make a deliberate effort to connect with strangers from different walks of life and invite them to share their ideas.
- Embrace challenges as an opportunity to learn constructively about ways of improving our services
- Help to develop and foster a learning environment where feedback is welcomed and valued
We are a small but supportive team who are passionate about delivering quality care to patients. We are a motivated and caring team to both patients and colleagues. The team is flexible and promotes a healthy work/home life balance.
We work in an integrated way with allied health care professionals within the locality, and are a motivated and caring team to both patients and colleagues. We are flexible and promote a healthy work/home life balance therefore, your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay. Listed are a few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Staff Discounts
- Career development and training opportunities
- Employee Support - Staff have access to a 24-hour helpline
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real asset to our Torbay and South Devon Team. Why work with us- Torbay Hospital provides acute care for the local community and has several community hospitals, and is a hot-spot for those who are considering living by the sea or within half an hour of Dartmoor National Park and an hour to Exmoor National Park. Meanwhile, Plymouth and Exeter are also both within a short drive to enjoy the culture, maritime history and shopping experiences.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFull Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification
. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered with Social Work England or HCPC
- Training in the protection of vulnerable adults
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Post-qualifying experience
- AMHP/BIA qualification
- An understanding of the Mental Health Act/ Mental Capacity Act requirements
- Sound understanding of Care Act 2014 and related code of practice
- Understanding of recovery principles in Mental Health and strength based approach
- Skills in initial assessment and risk management of client's presenting to the service
- Effective recording skills
- Ability to work holistically with a variety of service users with lived experience of complex care needs
- Commitment to anti-discriminatory practices and compliance with the Equal Opportunities Policy
- Ability to work to meet conflicting deadlines
- Time management skills/prioritizing
- Supervision skills
- IT skills
- Experience or understanding of working within mental health service provision
- Understanding of mental health conditions and how mental health issues can impact on individuals, their families and carers
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working within mental health services
- Experience in working within a multidisciplinary team
- Experience of working with people with dual diagnosis
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St. Edmunds, Victoria Park Rd
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.