Applications from a variety of different clinical/professional backgrounds are invited, including Nursing, AHPs, Psychology, etc. All applicants must be able to demonstrate that they meet the essential criteria.
We have a fabulous opportunity to join Derbyshire Healthcare's Research and Development team based at the Kingsway hospital site in Derby.
Applications are invited for a fixed term contract opportunity for a year, with potential for extension beyond, for a Band 6 Lead Clinical Researcher/Research Nurse/Research OT (depending on the applicant's professional/clinical background) role, based within the Centre for Research and Development at Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust.If you want to gain research experience by using your clinical skills to support the delivery of high quality nationally funded research focused on improving patient care in the NHS, please apply.Main duties of the job
The research and development team conducts National Institute of Health and Care Research Portfolio research, clinical audit and own account research on a wide variety of mental health and service provision related topics including COVID-19 research.
The successful candidate will be involved in leading the set up and delivery of complex NIHR portfolio research projects both Commercial and non-Commercial based.
We are seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic person with strong clinical, organisational and interpersonal skills, to join our team as a Band 6 Clinical Researcher.
The ability to travel over a large geographical area is essential.Knowledge of research methods and design is not essential but applicants must have an interest in clinical research and mental health.About us
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease review the Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click ON APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site, you will need to register if you do not already have an accountPerson SpecificationQualifications and EducationEssential
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
- Registered Nurse/Allied Health Professional or other Registered Professional
- Post-graduate qualification or can demonstrate equivalent levels of experience
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Good clinical practice in Research
- Recent and relevant experience working in a health/social care environment with patient contact
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and working across professional and organisational boundaries
- Experience of staff supervision
Skills and AttributesEssential
- Experience of project management
- Experience of running concurrent projects to quality standards and performance targets with minimal supervision
- Involvement in research or experience of working in a clinical research environment with knowledge of research design, methods and governance processes
- Experience of line management
- Ability to communicate complex, study related information, to patients and their families - sometimes at time of distress for the patients/families
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to run concurrent projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to act on one's own initiative and work autonomously
- Ability to manage and prioritise workload to deadlines
- Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft office applications and the internet
- Ability to maintain appropriate documentation and record keeping to quality standards
- Access to transport is essential for this post, as you will be expected to travel in order to carry out required duties
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Clinical skills competency in phlebotomy and drug administration (within professional boundaries)
- Clinical skills competency in processing of blood samples.
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Centre for Research and Development
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.