Do you experience as a Band 5 Paediatric Nurse and have you completed your preceptorship programme?
If so, then we have an exciting development opportunity here for you at the UHCW NHS Trust Paediatric Unit.
At UHCW NHS Trust we strive to offer all our staff exciting development opportunities. If successful, you will undertake a year's development program which will require completion of Paediatric and area specific competencies and additionally you will be required to complete the UHCW NHS Trust Paediatric Band 5 to 6 competencies.
On successful completion of the required competencies and following a discussion with the Ward / Unit Manager you will then be transferred from a Band 5 to Band 6 Agenda for changeMain duties of the jobExperienced Band 5 Development role
- the post holder will be based dependent on their previous experience and or preference to one of our acute Paediatric wards: Ward 14
- Adolescent Ward, 13 - 17 years Acute medical and surgical with expertise in caring for children in crisis. Ward 15
- Infants Ward, 0-2 years acute medical and surgical ward caring for babies and children with acute and chronic conditions. Ward 16
- Childrens Ward, 2 -12 years acute medical and surgical ward with additional specialism in Paediatric oncology. Paediatric High Dependency Unit (PHDU)
- Level 2 critical care Unit caring for children 0 - 16 years with acute, chronic, and complex medical and surgical conditions.
The post holder will initially be expected to work as part of the team within their individual ward areas to gain knowledge and experience for their chosen specialism. Once the candidate has completed their one-year development program they will be expected to support their team with day-to-day clinical leadership and deliver family centered care to their own cohort of patients.
The post-holder will be required to deputise for the department managers if required. The postholder will have support from the Senior Paediatric nursing team, Band 6 Paediatric Clinical Co-Ordinator's, and the Paediatric Education team.About us
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, rated as good by the Care Quality Commission, is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the UK.
We are extremely proud of our employees across our hospital sites, with high quality patient care at the heart of everything we do.
Boasting some of the most modern facilities in Western Europe, the Trust is renowned for being at the forefront of research and innovation as part of its blossoming reputation as a worldwide leader in healthcare.
We are proud to be recognised as a Pathway to Excellence designated organisation - please click the link for further details about this prestigious award. Pathway To Excellence - University Hospitals Coventry & Warwickshire (uhcw.nhs.uk)
By joining our exciting journey, you will form part of a passionate, talented team and will be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. There has never been a better time to join our team.
The Trust is committed to building an organisation that makes full use of the talents, skills, experience, and different perspectives available in our diverse society. We want everyone to feel they are respected, valued, can achieve their potential and receive the most appropriate and relevant care. We will create an environment where the equality and human rights principles of fairness, respect, equality, dignity and autonomy are promoted and are part of the organisation's core values.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesExperienced Band 5 Development Nurse
- We are seeking an experienced paediatric nurse who is a motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong communication and organisational skills This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative, dynamic, and enthusiastic registered child nurse who is looking to expand their knowledge and experience working with children and young people.
This post is essential to safe and effective running of the ward area as the role entails delivery of direct patient care as well as ensuring that consistently safe and effective care is delivered to our patients and their families.
On completion of all the required competencies and once transferred into the Band 6 role, you will be required to lead the ward team, demonstrating excellent organisational, clinical skills, and ensuring focus is on delivering high quality evidence-based care to the child and family, assuring UHCW NHS Trust Values and objectives always remain central. For more information, please refer to Job Description & Personal Specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable ExperienceEssential Desirable SkillsEssential Desirable KnowledgeEssential Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.