�1500 - New Hire Bonus The permanent posts are eligible for a �1500 New Hire Bonus. An initial payment of �500 will be paid in the first 1 month and a final payment of �1000 will be paid 1 year after your start date. This will be pro-rata for part-time posts. Internal applicants are not eligible to receive this bonus. Please see attached New Hire Bonus Terms & Conditions
Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about quality patient care? Do you wish to work more Autonomously? If so, a career in Community nursing is for you
We have an exciting opportunity to onboard a new member to our Wisbech Community Nursing Team. Working with us, you will be fully supported to gain new skills and experience needed to deliver high quality Nursing care to patients in their own home or residential setting.Main duties of the jobPlease note for this role you will be required to travel independently around the county meeting strict time deadlines. You will need to hold a full UK driving licence* and have use of a vehicle. You cannot use public transport for this role as this is not a reliable form of transport and will not allow you to meet service needs. Please confirm in your application that you meet the specified criteria.
- To work as an autonomous practitioner within the community nursing team
- To be accountable for assessing, interpreting, planning, implementing, and evaluating treatment to patients within professional guidelines, with the support of the multidisciplinary team.
- To keep the patient at the centre of care, ensuring patient and carer participation in decision making.
- Provide support and education to peers, new staff non-registered staff and students.
- To provide a high standard of care.
- To provide a high standard of nursing intervention within a patient's own home this includes lone working, referring to specialist and advanced practitioners as needed.
- Will be expected to work as part of a 24/7 service
- To identify patient needs, agree goals and provide appropriate holistic nursing interventions including referral to other services and equipment provision
*DVLA have a number ofreciprocalarrangements with overseas countries, for further information please visit the DVLA website About us
Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust is a health & social care organisation dedicated to providing high quality care with compassion to improve the health & wellbeing of the people we care for, as well as supporting & empowering them to lead a fulfilling life.
Our clinical teams deliver many NHS services not only via inpatient and primary care setting but also with the community. These services include Children, Adult & Older Peoples mental & physical health, Forensic & Specialist mental health, Learning Disabilities, Primary Care & Liaison psychiatry, Substance misuse, Social care, Research & Development.
To achieve our goal, we look to recruit high calibre candidates that share our vision & values. As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including disabled people & members of our ethnic minorities & LGBTQ+ communities.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of responsibilities
Person SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects for your own and delegated work.
- To work within codes of practice and professional guidelines.
- To undertake holistic assessment (including those with complex presentations and multi pathologies) making use of clinical reasoning skills.
- To use evidence-based practice, to ensure clinical care is effective and appropriate.
- To promote independence and wherever possible to avoid hospital admission and reduce inpatient length of stay to ensure those patients receive the appropriate care in the most appropriate setting.
- Contribute to risk assessments and health and safety assessments and including immediately reporting any changes/newly identified risks.
- To effectively communicate verbally with patients, carers and colleagues using tact and persuasive skills. This may involve using skills where patients have difficulties in communication, e.g., hearing loss, diminished sight, depression, speech problems, cognitive impairment, behavioural problems, and pain.
- To work effectively within the neighbourhood team structure and liaise appropriately with members of the MDT and other agencies by attending MDT meetings, case reviews.
- To ensure that accurate and timely written records are kept which comply with the Trust policy and NMC guidance, reporting on any issues as appropriate.
- To inform/update all members of the multi-disciplinary team, service users and appropriate others, of changes involving current care plans, patients progress and other relevant matters that pertain to the care of the patient.
- To support the neighbourhood team with case management model.
- To act as a patient advocate, providing information, health education and support to facilitate patient choice with regard to nursing care, promoting independence.
- To ensure that medications are stored and recorded according to the rules relating to the drugs policy of CPFT.
- RGN level 1, RGN level 2
- Evidence of professional development
- Mentorship qualification or equivalent
skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Primary care experience and experience in wound care.
- Able to demonstrate commitment to high quality care and service provision
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
- Able to assess plan and implement care and formulate care plans
- Support Integrated Care Workers and teach and support student nurses and HCA's.
- Ability to safeguard and promote welfare of children and young people/ vulnerable adults.
Knowledge & UnderstandingEssential
- Understanding of clinical supervision
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for own work and can define the responsibilities of others
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexibility to work over seven days per week
- Ability to travel across the county sometimes at short notice
Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Community Nursing Team
North Cambs Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.