Full Time - 37.5 Hours Per Week
As part of a major new initiative and investment we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated advanced clinical pharmacist to be part of the Calderdale primary care mental health pharmacy team.
We will consider a development post with applicants starting as a Clinical Pharmacist, band 7, and moving to Advanced level when all competencies are achieved.
This is an exciting and innovative part of Mental Health Transformation investment in mental health specialists working in primary care network neighbourhood locality teams in Calderdale.
The team will consist of this post and a specialist mental health medicines optimisation technician to provide specialist mental health clinical pharmacy services for GP practices and service users to improve access to information on mental health medicines and support appropriate prescribing and safe use of medicines.
The team will work with the Primary care networks in Calderdale liaising with both primary care and secondary care colleagues to support those with mental health conditions being managed in primary care. The team will work closely with other primary care mental health colleagues on a multi-disciplinary basis.
The post is also part of the wider South West Yorkshire Partnership Foundation trust pharmacy team with access to support, training and supervision from experienced mental health pharmacy staff.Main duties of the job
The role of the post holder will include provision of direct patient care, carrying out patient consultations and medication counselling, complex medication reviews for mental health medicines, rationalizing and optimizing medicines for mental health conditions, providing support regarding mental health medicines for those with long term physical health conditions, prescribing where appropriate and qualified.
There will also be a role to support other health care professionals in relation to mental health medicines including responding to queries and education and training. This role will provide clinical supervision to other members of the mental health primary care team.
The post holder will work closely with other members of the team supporting medicines reconciliation on discharge from mental health services, shared care management and over prescribing reviews. The post may be involved in development of individual care plans, clinical guidance documents and service development and evaluation.All employees of the Trust are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect patients.About us
We are a specialist NHS Foundation Trust that provides community, mental health and learning disability services for the people of Barnsley, Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield. We also provide low and medium secure services and are the lead for the west Yorkshire secure provider collaborative.
Our mission is to help people reach their potential and live well in their communities, we do this by providing high-quality care in the right place at the right time. We employ staff in both clinical and non-clinical services who work hard to make a difference to the lives of service users, families and carers.We encourage and welcome applications from all protected characteristic groups, we value diversity and want our workforce to be reflective of our communities.
Being a foundation Trust means were accountable to our members, who can have a say in how were run. Around 14,300 local people (including staff) are members of our Trust.
Join us and you will be one of over 4,500 staff committed to supporting and improving the mental, physical and social needs of the thousands of people we meet and help each year.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all colleagues and volunteers to share this commitment.
We do reserve to right to close vacancy before the advertised closing date if necessary, so please apply as soon as possible.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesKEY RESULT AREAS:
The post holder will as an advanced clinical Pharmacist (ACP), contribute to the strategic direction for the development of clinical practise within specialist mental health pharmacy primary care and across the trust as required.
Leading on services consolidation as well as expansion in line with service and trust objectives and in partnership with the Clinical lead and General manager .
The post holder will take the lead in extending boundaries and creating frameworks for the enhancement of clinical practice within their speciality.
The post holderwillcontinue to strive towards excellence in clincial care and communicate this excellence tocolleagues both within the organisation andexternally.Work as an independent non-medical prescribewithin areas as required and designated,taking responsibility for the clinical assessment of the patient, establishing a diagnosis and the clinical management required in accordance with the Trusts non-medical prescribing policy and protocols. Other key duty:
To carry out CPD in line with the GPhC requirements.
To maintain and demonstrate a good clinical pharmacist knowledge.
To work within the policies and procedures of the South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and also to ensure compliance with the pharmacy policies and procedures from other organisations when working in partnership.
Provide appropriate and timely verbal and written information on all aspects of medication usage to service users, carers and healthcare professionals within SWYPFT
Participate in in-house training for pharmacy staff and healthcare professionals , both attending and delivering training.
Participate in the training of pre-registration pharmacy graduates and mental health pharmacy diploma students.
Participate in the development of the medicines management clinical audit programme in particular the POMH audits and ensure roll out to allocated units.
Participate in research and development as required for the development of the clinical pharmacy services.For full job description, please see attached supporting documents.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Pharmacy.
- Current registration with GPhC.
- Post graduate qualification in clinical /mental health pharmacy or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continuous professional development.
- Current registration as Independent Non- Medical Prescriber.
- Evidence in specific training related to mental health pharmacy
- Teaching, training or mentorship qualification or experience to an equivalent level.
- Extensive experience of working within speciality Mental health pharmacy services at Senior(B7) level or above.
- *Extensive practice as Independent non-medical Prescriber within speciality
- Experience of working therapeutically within mental health medicines.
- Substantial experience in managerial / leadership roles.
- Experience of leading service development changes.
- *Developed awareness of the evolving healthcare agenda and the implications for nursing.
- Experience of research and developing theory into practice.
- Evidence of facilitating quality improvement into practice.
- Developed knowledge of clinical governance issues.
- Experience of training and education.
- Experience of contributing towards service development at an organisation/regional/national level.
Special Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Evidence of speciality training:
- Eg Psyc 1 diploma , Clinical pharmacy post grad qualification.
- Ability to undertake advanced clinical practice and examination skills independently that encompasses all aspects of the patients needs.
- Evidence of developing robust governance system including the development and implementation of evidence based protocols, standards, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Evidence of interpreting and synthesising information from a variety of sources and promoting their use in practice.
- Develop, deliver and evaluate training and education packages for individuals and groups in a variety of settings.
- Evidence of critically appraising research and audits and applying the findings to practice.
- Demonstrate a wide range of communication skills to address complex needs of patients and their families.
- Ability to participate in strategic thinking and development, ensuring this translates to practice development to improve the quality of care.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of issues in health care/speciality.
- Ability to undertake the duties and demands of the post.
- A satisfactory sickness record over the previous 2 years (subject to the need to act with fairness and equality of opportunity, particularly where the sickness is related to a disability and/or pregnancy).
Employer detailsEmployer name
- A Current driving licence and access to a car during the working day is essential (reasonable adjustments will be considered for any applicants who are unable to drive due to a disability).
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Personally resilient.
- Ability to deliver to tight time scales.
South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS TrustAddress
The Calderdale Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.