VOTED BEST PLACE TO WORK IN GM!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a forward thinkingSpecialist Occupational Therapistto join the Inpatient Therapy Team.
The Inpatient Therapy Team work across both Acute Medicine and Complex Care wards at the Royal Bolton Hospital. The team consists of Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists as well as Therapy Assistants. The successful candidate will be expected to work as part of the wider Integrated Discharge and Therapy service involving 'Discharge to Assess' pathways. We work as part of a health and social care multidisciplinary team comprising of AHPS, Medics, Pharmacists, Social Workers and Nurses.
Candidates will have recent and relevant post registration experience and an interest in elderly rehabilitation and discharge planning in an acute setting. They should also be able to evidence recent self-directed learning and development.
Candidates will need to be able to travel to meet the needs of this post and will therefore need access to a vehicle for work. The post will provide an excellent opportunity for individuals that enjoy working as part of a close multi-disciplinary/multi agency team. We value regular appraisal and supervision and ensure personal and professional development opportunities are available. You must have a genuine interest in working with older people, be self-motivated, enthusiastic, resourceful and comfortable working in a changing and fast paced environment.Main duties of the job
To work as an autonomous practitioner within clinical and professional supervision of Senior Occupational Therapists.
To manage a defined caseload, using evidence based, client centred principles to assess, plan, implement and evaluate Occupational Therapy intervention.
To play a key role in discharge planning.
To delegate, support and train assistant staff.
To continue professional development through regular training, support and supervision sessions.About usThe Trust employs 6,000 dedicated staff across more than 100 different services and specialities. For the past 2 years running, the NHS Staff Survey results show that Bolton NHS Foundation Trust is the best place to work in Greater Manchester. We are happy to consider specialist rotations across acute medical wards, complex care wards, medical assessment wards and surgical wards. There is potential for a Band 5-6 Development Post for suitable applicants. You are encouraged to maintain your Covid vaccination status unless medically exempt and will be supported to access information and guidance, to inform decisions that supports vaccine confidence, protects yourself and patients. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information regarding the key responsibilities of this role please see the attached job description. If you have any further questions regarding this role please do not hesitate to contact us via the information below.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- oDegree or equivalent in Occupational Therapy
- oCurrent professional registration with HCPC as Occupational Therapist
- oEvidence of CPD in related field of clinical expertise.
- Current accredited field work educator.
- oPractice skills in relevant field of practice (ward based experience)
- oMulti-disciplinary/multi-agency collaborative working.
- oSupervision/Mentoring of staff or students
- oTo have a Working knowledge of a range of medical conditions appropriate to the clinical area
- oKnowledge and appreciation of lone working risks - policy and procedure.
- oAbility to work autonomously, plan, organise, prioritise and delegate appropriate interventions to Junior and support staff.
- oExcellent team working skills and flexibility
- oEffective written and oral communication/listening skills.
- oExcellent time management and organisational skills within a busy acute ward based environment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oIt is essential to hold a full driving licence and have access to your own vehicle for environmental visits.
Bolton NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Royal Bolton Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.