We have an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join the West Sussex Care Delivery Service leadership team.
The post holder will be responsible for the professional governance of medical staff in the Coastal area of West Sussex and play a key role in medical engagement in service development in the area.
The post holder will agree a 6 session clinical role within West Sussex.Main duties of the job
You will work with other professional leads in West Sussex and join the Care Delivery Service board meetings. You will become a member of the medical leadership group and will work closely with both teams to ensure we are delivering excellent care in North West Sussex.About us
At Sussex Partnership we are committed to providing opportunities forflexible working
. If you would like to work differently or different hours to as advertised, please get in touch to discuss this in more detail.
If you haven't thought about living inWest Sussex
before then you should consider the following:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Journey from the coast to the countryside in minutes
- Enjoy a lifestyle where there are renowned cycle routes and picturesque walks, including the famous South Downs Way in the South Downs National Park!
- Embrace taking time to discover all the miles of scenic coastline, including West Wittering beach and Selsey.
- Easy access to airports - Gatwick and Heathrow are both within 90 minutes of the county, providing links to Europe and beyond
- Brighton and Hove or London are within easy reach via local and national bus routes and national mainline stations
You will be part of a friendly and supportive CDS team that consists of Nurses, Social Workers, Occupational Therapists, Psychologists and more.
Please review the Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role.
We would love to hear from you if you want to find out more about this exciting opportunity. Please see our contact details below.Person SpecificationEssential and desirableEssential
- MRCPsych or equivalent medical qualification
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months
- Ability to work in and lead teams
- Experienced in clinical research and / or service evaluation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Qualification or higher degree in medical education, or management
- Experience of having worked in a leadership or management role in a healthcare setting
- Experience of having managed or led psychiatrists (e.g. managing doctors in difficulty, job planning).
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.