We have an exciting opportunity for a specialist MSK Physiotherapist to join our team. If you are looking to further your career in MSK physiotherapy, or would love to work on the doorstep of the beautiful Yorkshire Dales, this could be the role for you.
We deliver a wide range of MSK services including MSK departments, gymnasium, hydrotherapy pool, District General Hospital, Health Care Centres and GP Practices. You will be able to gain experience in the assessment and treatment of upper/lower quadrant, spinal and rheumatology patients, and will be joining us as new opportunities are developing.
We also offer
- Excellent supervision from experienced staff and peer supervision.
- A regular established IST programme
- Access to MSc modules
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Valuable experience of working within strong physiotherapy and multi-agency teams.
If you would like to be part of our progressive, welcoming, supportive team, we would love to hear from you.
We welcome applications from physiotherapists looking to return to practiceMain duties of the jobJob Summary
The post holder will
About usAbout us
- Prioritise, plan and deliver clinical case work within the MSK service
- Apply evidence based, specialist knowledge and skills in the MSK Service
- Provide a key role in partnership working with patients, carers, the MDT, and wider statutory, private and voluntary sector services.
- Support team members and ensure the effective functioning of the team
- Actively participate in quality improvements to develop the MSK Service
- Provide support to the clinical lead and service managers deputising for them as required
We are always looking for enterprising and innovative approaches to the way we provide our services. We are a national centre for telemedicine and introduced telehealth to the UK offender healthcare sector and also provide the service to patients in their care homes. Community matters to us and we are supported by 400 dedicated volunteers and have strong links with Bradford University, Craven College and Leeds City College to ensure we inspire the workforce of the future
We want to attract staff who embrace our 'Right Care' behaviours of compassion, a commitment to quality of care and working together for patients - we want to make these part of our DNA
We encourage applications irrespective of people's age, lived experience of living with a disability, gender, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or other personal circumstancesJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesClinical
- Develops, manages, and maintains positive, appropriate relationships with patients, families, carers and colleagues demonstrating respect, kindness, compassion and empathy at all times.
- Use verbal and non-verbal communication skills and sensitivity with patients, relatives and carers to overcome barriers to communication e.g. loss of hearing, altered perception, expressive and receptive dysphasia, pain, anxiety, tracheotomy, problems with cognition.
- Provide timely and efficient physiotherapy to patients according to clinical protocols and service priorities.
- Ensure patients receive a high standard of clinical care and that the standards expected from CSP are met.
- Use investigative and analytical skills to undertake a comprehensive, specialist physiotherapy assessment of the patient.
- Reflect on complex facts gathered or situations presented and use analysis and judgment skills to consider options for interventions, and outcomes.
- Formulate individual management/treatment plans, using advanced clinical reasoning and a wide range of treatment skills
- Implement specialist physiotherapy interventions in partnership with the service user, carer/s and in consultation with colleagues.
- Work with other agencies in Health and social care, Housing, and Education in order to implement recommendations of treatment. Making onward referrals as appropriate.
- Plan and organise to carry out assessment and interventions in the most appropriate setting.
- Monitor and evaluate the outcome of specialist interventions in the service user, carer/s and in consultation with colleagues.
- Ensure maintenance of accurate, comprehensive and up-to-date documentation in line with professional, legal and service requirements.
- Collaborate with the MDT to develop and improve patient pathways.
- Provide advice, teaching and instruction for relatives, carers, and other health professionals to promote understanding of the aims of service/ clinical area and to ensure a consistent approach to patient care.
- Provide specialist advice to therapy and dietetic colleagues working within other clinical areas across the Trust.
- Advise, instruct, and educate patients, carers and other professionals in the use of standard and specialist equipment, assistive technology, and environmental adaptation w here appropriate.
- Ensure equipment is used, stored and maintained in adherence with relevant policies and ensure competencies to use equipment within the MSK service area are maintained.
- Follow supervision guidelines and consult with clinical lead to ensure optimum outcome for complex patients with clear presentation of complex facts and analysis to enable effective decision making.
- Train and supervise junior therapists, assistants and students. This will include the use of formal appraisal documentation.
Leadership and Management
- Deal effectively with complex, sensitive or contentious communications
- Recognise and respond to changing team priorities and unforeseen situations that take precedence over planned work.
- Able to work collaboratively within the team and with a range of other professionals and understand and demonstrate the principles of team and partnership working within the Trust and across partner organisations.
- Contribute to the planning and development of the MSK service in partnership with team members, team lead and operational managers.
- Take responsibility and lead on delegated tasks and service development activities.
- Supervise physiotherapists and assistants ensuring all participate in supervision and annual development review processes.
- Plan, deliver and evaluate appropriate clinical training to d undergraduate and work experience students ensuring all clinical protocols are accurately followed.
- Contribute to the development of MSK service protocols policies and procedures designed to improve patient care and experience.
- Adhere to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Raise incidents and near misses using the incident reporting systems.
- Have awareness the need for cost efficiencies being aware of the need for judicious use of resources and maintaining stock control.
- Deputise for team leader/clinical lead in their absence.
Personal and Professional Development
- Be prepared to work flexibly in terms of time and workload to meet service needs.
- Adhere to the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Standards of Proficiency and Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct for physiotherapy and maintain current professional registration.
- Understand the scope of the role and know the limits of practice and when to seek advice.
- Maintain continuing professional development (CPD) and development portfolio by keeping abreast of new trends and developments, use of reflective practice and incorporating learning into working practice.
- Attend and present in-service training sessions at designated times as well as sharing existing knowledge and skills and feeding back from external courses.
- Participate in supervision and appraisals and ensure compliance with service guidance and standards.
- Support team to participate in relevant internal and external research and quality improvement projects.
- Establish links with other clinicians specialising in the MSK service through regional and national groups to promote sharing of good practice and evidence-based research.
- Facilitate and engage in practice placement education (PPE) and ensure that PPE standards are upheld by all staff.
- Understand, promote, and advocate for equality and diversity and demonstrate inclusion through interaction with individuals.
Service Improvement and Governance
- Be a role model for professional behaviours in all aspect of practice.
- Evaluate individual and group interventions through the use of outcome measures and audit and implement necessary service improvements.
- Where there is an identified need for a new or updated policy or procedure in own work area as a result of an evaluation ensure that this is implemented.
- Undertake research and audit of the MSK service and presenting the results to the team and wider MDT.
- Keep abreast of new research and clinical developments.
- Respond to requests for information and actions in a timely manner.
- Participate in the development of risk assessments strategies for MSK service .
- Communicate clinical and personal information confidentially and in an appropriate format.
- Attend the clinical governance meetings for MSK service and contribute to the operational planning and monitoring of the service.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Trust and therapy wide service quality improvements strategies.
- Follow Trust and departmental policies and guidelines.
- .Degree or equivalent pre-registration award in physiotherapy
- Practice Educator course
- MSc Module
- MSK Relevant course
Desirable Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Recent experience of MSK Physiotherapy
- Supervisor experience
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Physiotherapy Assessment and treatment
- Awareness of clinical standards
Airedale NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.