An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated, experienced, and dedicated operational manager with substantial proven experience at senior level to join our Radiology Department, working at both our Hillingdon and Mount Vernon Hospital sites. This is a position that requires a senior level of expertise and would suit a senior radiographer or manager who has relevant experience in operational management.
The successful candidate will be driven and passionate with a desire to take the radiology service forward, and will have a track record in operational service delivery, service improvement, and development.
The post holder will be a strong communicator with resilience to ensure patient safety, quality, access, and a positive patient and carer experience is upheld. They will be understanding of the importance of diagnostics and how different parts of the system impact on each other and will be calm and decisive in times of escalation, supporting teams to deliver services in the radiology modalities.
They will be working with a strong and responsive radiology team with a longstanding record of delivering the DM01 and delivering a wide range of advanced practice roles.
In return we are very keen to support their future clinical career development. They will be part of a very supportive and proactive Radiology team of Radiographers and Consultant radiologists.
An interview date is yet to be confirmed.Main duties of the job
- The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of the operational service delivery of Radiology service, providing professional support and leadership to the wider team. Reporting to and working with the Head of Radiology and Radiology Clinical Director, they will be part of the senior leadership team charged with delivering an exciting vision for radiology, shaping services and a workforce that will drive forward our commitment to outstanding care.
- Accountable for the operational delivery of the service in collaboration with the modality leads and the Lead Clinician for Radiology including the financial, capacity and workforce plans for radiology.
- Contribute to the planning and development of the strategic and operational Business Plan for specific clinical and non-clinical areas in line with divisional and Trust priorities.
- Communicate clear and positive messages to staff, the Divisional Management team, other parts of the Trust and key stakeholders. Translating highly complex information into easy to disseminate communications.
- Deliver effective involvement and communication strategies (including the dissemination of the team brief).
- Support the investigation of complaints/PALS enquiries, clinical/nonclinical incidents (including radiation) and near misses. Ensures that issues arising from the investigation are suitable addressed and also used as an opportunity to improve and learn within the service. Some of these issues can be of a complex nature.
The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is the only acute hospital in the London Borough of Hillingdon and offers a wide range of services, including accident and emergency, inpatient care, day surgery, outpatient clinics, and maternity services. The Trust's services at Mount Vernon Hospital include routine day surgery, delivered at a modern treatment centre, a minor injuries unit, and outpatient clinics.
The safety and well-being of our patients and staff is paramount and we are making urgent improvements to address this - particularly in infection prevention and control. We are making progress by working in partnership with local GPs, charities, community services, academic partners, our local authority, neighbouring hospitals, and the wider North West London Integrated care system, and ensuring that we listen and work in partnership with our local population. We are focused on ensuring that our hospitals provide high quality, safe, and compassionate care, while we drive forward with the building of the new Hillingdon Hospital.
We have over 3,500 members of staff that are proud to care for nearly half a million people, with a vision to be an outstanding provider of healthcare through leading health and academic partnerships, transforming services, to provide the best care where needed.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for a full list of responsibilities and role requirements.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Educated to Masters level or equivalent experience
- Management/leadership qualification or equivalent experience at post graduate level
- Evidence of continuous professional development
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- BSc(Hons) Radiography, DCR(D) Diploma of the College of Radiographers or Equivalent
- Significant experience in managing a Radiology Department/Unit
- Proven ability of working within a multidisciplinary team and evidence of team development
- Staff management experience
- Budgetary and financial management experience
- Proven track record of success in leading/managing significant and sustained change
- Experience of dealing with difficult situations and/or people
- Demonstrable knowledge of current changes and developments within the NHS
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of implementation of service developments and Cost Improvement Plans
- Excellent management skills with the ability to make sound management decisions
- Change management skills in a complex organisation
- Ability to motivate staff groups and implement agreed change
- Organisational skills
- High level IT, numeracy and literacy skills, including MS Excel, numerical interpretation and report writing
- Project management qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Assertiveness, influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates empathy and professionalism at all times towards patients, friends & family and colleagues around the Trust.
- Reliable work record
- Clarity of thought and articulate in presenting ideas and opinions
- Ability to work as part of a team and motivate others
- Ability to prioritise and respond flexibly to competing demands.
The Hillingdon Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Pield Heath Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.