Integrated Community Care and Recovery Directorate (ICCR) are looking to recruit an 8b Clinical services Manager to oversee our 5 Neighbourhood mental health teams
We would like to invite applications from innovative and experienced operational Managers who are able to lead and drive the delivery of key strategic projects to develop these services and support the transformation of our community mental health offer in line with national objectives. You will be a highly visible and transformational leader who will engage with, support and develop high performing teams. You will establish effective structures and processes to delver service improvement. You will have the skills to engage with key partners across Birmingham and Solihull with particular building strong links with out PCN CDs, GP practice managers and VCSE partners as well as internal relationships with connected CMHTs.
If you are ambitious and highly motivated to succeed this could be an ideal opportunity for you, Birmingham & Solihull is a great place to live and work. We will offer you fantastic opportunities to develop yourself and your career and to work alongside some inspirational peopleMain duties of the job
As well as having the appropriate qualifications, you must have an excellent track record of success at a senior level within a large complex organisation, with experience of implementing change to develop and improve services alongside clinical leaders and senior operational management.
We aim to recruit people who can clearly demonstrate they share our values and will embrace them in their working life
Apply now to join our skilled and friendly teams and help us deliver our vision to improve health and wellbeing by providing high quality care
We are committed to equal opportunities and we welcome applicants from all sections of the community to ensure our workforce is representative of the population we serve
This includes how we provide care across our diverse service area and work as a health and care system to eradicate the inequalities that COVID-19 has so clearly highlighted. It is about how we look after, recognise, engage and develop all of our staff across the service, ensuring that BSMHFT is a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive, and feels confident in speaking out without fear. This reflects our commitment to attract and retain a greater number of committed, compassionate people to join us, at a time when the NHS and those who work in it are more valued than ever.
We are passionate about equality, diversity and inclusion and so welcome applications from people with a range of diverse backgrounds who would role model our approach.About us
Welcome to Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust. Our 4000 clinical and support staff help us to improve mental health wellbeing and meet the needs of the 70,000 people we serve each year. We provide a range of mental healthcare services across Birmingham and Solihull, as well as specialised services nationally. We also offer medical, nursing and psychology training and are proud of our international reputation for both research and innovation.
Our population is culturally diverse, characterised in places by high levels of deprivation which create an increasing demand for our services and a necessity for us to make sure everyone can access the help they need. We are a team of compassionate, inclusive and committed people working together to provide excellent care to support our community. If you are looking for a place to belong, where you can make a real difference to people's lives, join our team where our warm welcome is waiting for you.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information about the main responsibilities please view the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationEssential criteriaEssential
- Qualified health or social care professional with current professional registration
- Master's degree or demonstrable significant experience in a senior operational management role within a health or social care organisation
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Extensive knowledge of current national policies and relevant legislation.
- Demonstrates a management style which is consistent with the BSMHFT Managers Behavioural Profile oAble to communicate effectively in writing and verbally at different levels, including those with communication difficulties. Significant analytical skills in order to understand complex issues and provide
- Substantial senior strategic leadership experience, in particular management of strategies that cross service and/or professional boundaries
- Extensive experience in a senior operational role with significant experience of managing complex budgets within allocated financial envelope and with human resource responsibilities
- Evidence of leading and managing staff and services through significant change
- Demonstrable evidence of having developed strong team performance and high levels of collaboration across professional groups
- Able to demonstrate involvement of service users and carers in evaluating and planning services
- Demonstrable record of success in providing the highest quality of services and outcomes for service users and their carers
- Demonstrable experience of delivering services to a diverse community.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Health and Safety legislation and risk management
- Demonstrates a management style which is consistent with the BSMHFT Managers Behavioural Profile
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally at different levels, including those with communication difficulties.
- Significant analytical skills in order to understand complex issues and provide soluntions
- Full range of IT skills including Microsoft Office suite of programmes
- Negotiation skills with a high degree of interpersonal and facilitation skills
- A high level of personal credibility in order to facilitate effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders including professionals from different backgrounds and across traditional service boundaries
- Demonstrate the ability to think, plan and act confidently and strategically, prioritising and developing creative and innovative solutions.
- Highly adaptable - able to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- Can-do' approach, highly self-motivated
- Resilient and able to manage competing priorities in a pressurised environment
- Drive, energy, enthusiasm and commitment
- Personal and professional integrity
- Corporate loyalty
- Able to participate in the Managers' on-call rota
- Able to work flexibly in order to meet the needs of the service
- Able to obtain Occupational Health and DBS clearance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in a range of mental health services including Acute/In-patients/Home Treatment/ Assertive Outreach/CMHTs/ Respite
- Experience in project management
- Able to drive with access to own transport
Birmingham and Solihull Mental Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
190 Reservoir Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.