Are you interested in working within a specialised service within the Neurology team?
We are looking to recruit a motivated and hardworking individual in to our epilepsy service. The post is part time 22.5 hours per week, hours are spread across 3 days per week, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
The successful candidate will work alongside a Consultant Neurologist supporting patients throughout their epilepsy diagnosis and journey. You will be a key part of patient management and will require skills to asses patient needs and to signpost to supporting services. The successful candidate will be given opportunities to develop skills and would be encouraged to be involved in the Epilepsy network.
This role will be a developmental role with the candidate starting in post at a band 6 and progressing to a band 7 once competencies have been assessed and completed.Main duties of the job
Provide a specialist service and to work within the extended multidisciplinary team to provide specialised individual care for each service user. The post holder will be involved in developing and delivering expert patient-centred care based on local and national guidance. Care delivered will include patient assessment, planning and implementing of specialist care, provision of advice/support and education in collaboration with the wider MDT.
This role includes carrying out nurse led clinics alongside Neurologists.
The post holder will be expected to be involved in research and audit both locally and nationally, participate in network meetings and provide education to medical and nursing staff within the acute hospital to improve quality and enhance care delivery.About us
We are committed to being an inclusive and diverse employer. We strive to employ people who reflect the communities we serve, and aim to create an inclusive culture where everyone can reach their full potential. Whatever your race, ethnicity, belief, generation, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, disability or experience, you'll appreciate the opportunities we give you to work in an inclusive atmosphere. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences to build on the progress we've achieved to make our Trust diverse and the best place to work. We celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that help us overcome challenges and embrace new possibilities. We have signed the Armed Forces Covenant Pledge and have a commitment to the Armed Forces Community.
If you are considering applying for a role, please be aware that as an NHS Employee you may have contact with vulnerable service users. We strongly encourage that all our staff are vaccinated against COVID-19 and are vaccinated annually against Flu, in order to protect the health and safety of our staff and patients. Your commitment will help us to put the safety and care of our patients first, as well as helping us to protect you and your colleagues.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a detailed description of the Job roles and responsibilities please see the attached job description.Person SpecificationEducation and TrainingEssential
- Registered Adult Nurse
- Teaching/Mentorship qualification
- Completed or willing to undertake a qualification in Epilepsy
- Evidence of continuing post registration professional development
- Master's degree
- Non-medical prescribing course
- Demonstrate up to date knowledge, skills and expertise in the speciality of epilepsy/neurology including national policies and guidelines
- Evidence of ability to work collaboratively and demonstrates a commitment to Multidisciplinary working.
- Ability to plan and run nurse led clinics
- Committed to provide safe, effective and timely patient -centred care in accordance with NMC Code of conduct and Trust core standards
- Communicates effectively verbally, in writing and in electronic formats
- Prioritises own workload
- Understanding of the holistic needs of Adult patients with epilepsy.
- Excellent problem solving, negotiation, analytical skills
- Able to deliver teaching sessions and presentations
- Substantial relevant post registration experience in adult medicine / Neurology nursing at Band 6
- Experience in dealing with adults with Epilepsy.
- Previous experience in teaching of patients & staff
- Awareness of delivering Research/evidence-based practice.
- Demonstrate understanding of relevant national strategy/policy and how this relates to the service.
- Previous experience in audit and evaluation
- Previous case holding experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Articulates reasons for desire to work in Epilepsy/Neurology.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including observation, listening and empathy
- Acts on own initiative and problem solves utilising resources
Dartford and Gravesham NHS TrustAddress
Darent Valley Hospital
Darenth Wood Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.