Due to long term sickness we have an opportunity for a six month secondment or acting up Band 7 RMN Ward Manager post on Rosemary Ward at Melbury Lodge in Winchester. This is a full-time post working with the Ward's Nursing Team, MDT and Leadership Team.
Rosemary Ward is a female adult acute ward with 12 to 13 beds. It is a single sex ward with shared therapy areas, dining room and garden area.
You will be supported by the Unit Modern Matron with your learning and development over the six month period, with clinical and managerial leadership for day-to-day duties. You will also be supported by SHFT Lead training where needed .Main duties of the job
If you are someone who likes to embrace the challenge of leadership and management, support new staff, plus developing staff nurses to charge nurse posts in house, you could be just who we are looking for.
We are also looking for someone who is a great role model to the Team, and who is confident of their clinical skills in an acute ward setting, supporting best practice, person centred care and able to monitor governance that promotes patient and staff safety.
We look forward to hearing from youAbout us
Are you committed to providing remarkable care and service?Are you passionate about helping people and want to make a difference every day?We want to meet you!
Southern Health is one of the largest Foundation Trusts in the UK, specialising in mental health, adult and child community health and learning disabilities. We are committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse and neglect through our 6,500 strong workforce.
Southern Health has over 300 sites across the county and we serve 1.5 million people throughout all stages of their lives. Our aim is to work alongside the people we support (and our health and care partners) to deliver the best possible care and constantly improve.
Here at SHFT we have so much to be proud of:
- Working as a team and supporting each other, we put patients and our staff at the heart of everything we do.
- We have a skilled and diverse workforce and are committed to our staff development, offering bespoke training packages, leadership pathways and career opportunities.
- We offer a variety of benefits such as an amazing pension scheme, generous annual leave, Childcare Choices scheme, many discounts (Blue Light card, The Company Shop, NHS Staff Discounts, cycle to work scheme) and much more.
Come to work with us, together we will provide outstanding treatment and care to improve lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Further information about the Trust and this role can be found on the Job Description and Person Specification document attached.
We are happy to talk Flexible Working - all requests for flexible working options can be discussed as part of the interview process.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Nursing Qualification & current registration with NMC
- Other development and/or training which indicates a commitment to continuous development and preparation for management
- Car driver and access to a vehicle
Southern Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Hampshire County Hospital, Romsey Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.