This post will be responsible for ensuring that all system management and administration is in place for all the clinical systems supported by the IM& T Department. Also ensuring that resources are in place to safely manage and run the systems effectively.
This post will also manage the interactions between the IM& T Service and departmental System Managers, including Forums, communications and developing a strategy for centralising systems management where best use of scarce resources and efficiencies can be realised.
***Preference will be given to internal Trust staff, as well as 'Priority' and 'At Risk' status including NHS At Risk staff throughout Devon who are able to display recent relevant experience as dictated by the Person Specification.***Main duties of the jobPRIMARY DUTIES & AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for the following Service Operation elements of the Clinical Systems Management:
- Day-to-Day operational Management of Clinical Systems
- Ensuring all aspects of Process Ownership, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Emergency Change Advisory Board, Request Fulfilment are managed for all clinical systems
- Application Management, Knowledge Management
- Availability Management, Capacity Management
- Test Management - working with the Test Manager
- Finance Management
We are a people business - where every member of staff matters and can make a difference. Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Joining University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust means becoming part of a team of dedicated staff, who are committed to leading the way through innovation, clinical excellence and great customer care. The Trust has great opportunities for career development in a highly progressive working environment. We offer all of this in a vibrant, modern city with a historic reputation for adventure.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL COMMUNICATION WILL BE ELECTRONIC, PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAIL ACCOUNT REGULARLY. If you have any issues with applying online and need additional support including reasonable adjustments with the application process please contact the recruitment team on 01752 432100. We recognise that work life balance is important for our colleagues and so we invite requests from applicants around less than full time/flexible working for our advertised roles. Please contact the recruiting manager to discuss this prior to your application submission. We commit to giving this full consideration in each case. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply for our roles, as diversity strengthens our teams.
It is sometimes necessary to close vacancies before the closing date. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have not been shortlisted.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Clinical Systems Management
- The Clinical Systems Management Lead will be expected to gain knowledge and be aware of the portfolio of clinical systems managed by the IM& T Department and be able to offer advice on all aspects of the system and attend meetings at a senior level.
- Lead the agenda for centralisation of other clinical systems in the Trust deemed to be a strategic part of the Electronic Patient Record, consolidating support into one cohesive team.
- Work closely with other system managers to make sure that any system purchased or developed is in line with the Digital Strategy.
- Lead a team of System Managers supported by system administrators.
- Will be expected to formulate a plan to ensure we make best use of scarce resources and plan structures with economies of scale in mind.
- Liaise with senior managers, clinical system managers and lead the System Managers Forum.
- Lead Contract negotiations and renewals, discussions with suppliers related to upgrade paths and Roadmaps and will assist in the agreement of tech refresh requirements and ensure change processes are adhered to.
- Work closely with System Suppliers to ensure service reviews are undertaken, business continuity plans are in place and systems are performing to their optimum use.
- Responsible for monitoring system usage, ensuring SLSPs, IG Toolkits and DPIAs are complete for all systems within the IM& T remit and working with Project Managers to ensure all changes and upgrades are managed and resourced appropriately.
- Liaise with departments, users and system suppliers on issues that arise as part of the operational process.
- Chair/support any clinical systems working groups, user groups and forums and follow through actions as directed.
- Monitor the teams work queues to ensure fault fixes, moves, problems and changes are completed to agreed service levels.
- Analyse, investigate and resolve complex queries, problems and users requirements of Clinical systems.
- Ensure that vendor products represent value for money and that when evaluating similar products, the organisational requirements are balanced against the need to ensure value for money.
- Ensure that when managing a project related budget that all Finance related polices are adhered to, i.e., Trust Standing Financial Instructions.
- Oversee the Clinical Systems revenue budget for UHP.
- Identify and realise recurring revenue savings.
- Ensure a high standard of financial management, including the verification of all expenditure within own span of control.
- Explore the use of alternative suppliers to ensure continued value for money.
- Responsible for establishing and agreeing priorities related to meeting operational demand within the team. Responsible for establishing and agreeing working practices within the team.
- Line manage the Clinical Systems teams including recruitment, appraisal, development and performance management.
- Deputise for the IM& T Chief Support Officer as and when required.
- Promote, monitor and maintain best practice in Health & Safety within the team.
- Oversee the project management of the Clinical System requirements.
- To allocate and co-ordinate staff resources to projects relating to large office moves and accommodation of new buildings/premises and the introduction of new IT Clinical systems.
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure all upgrades and service reviews are undertaken within budget and to timescales.
- Work closely with procurement to ensure that all contracts are renewed appropriately, and system replacements are made in a timely fashion.
Person SpecificationKnowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Assist in the development of the IM& T strategy for the NHS Community as part of the overall community IM& T Strategy.
- Develop and manage the appropriate organisations IT policies and services in order to achieve their strategic aims.
- Extensive and proven demonstrable experience of supporting and management within a relative technical discipline and environment or other enterprise scale IT infrastructures.
- Previous demonstrable experience of staff management and development and performance management.
- Proven knowledge of financial and business analysis techniques, developing business cases with sound financial understanding
- Proven knowledge and demonstrable experience of clinical systems management and service reviews
- Proven knowledge of medical terminology
- Networking: being able to work within the Trusts, with other NHS Trusts, national forums, and technology specific groups
- Awareness: up to date with the NHS Programmes for IT and other national directives.
- Demonstrable experience of working in and managing a multidisciplinary team.
- Proven knowledge and demonstrable experience of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standard.
- Educated to master's degree level or equivalent relevant demonstrable experience
- Professional certifications or equivalent relevant demonstrable experience in managing enterprise IT systems.
Aptitude and AbilitiesEssential
- ITIL certification
- Health Service-related management qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Ability to lead and manage a team of system managers and administrators
- Ability to plan, initiate and coordinate work programmes and adjust as required.
- Strong interpersonal, time management, negotiation and influencing skills with IT suppliers
- Ability to convey and comprehend complex technical matters with non-technical persons.
- Demonstrate a high level of IT skills and be used to working with database and spreadsheet packages.
- Numerate and with demonstrable experience of interpretative reporting and experience of statistical analysis. Attention to detail, accurate and a strong quality first approach.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexibility and a creative approach to designing complex enterprise computer and voice systems and networks
- Good presentational skills.
- Ability to chair meetings and forums
University Hospitals Plymouth NHS TrustAddress
Plymouth Science Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.