An Exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Vascular Nurse Specialist to join the West Yorkshire Vascular Service (WYVaS), primarily based within the Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust community division, although will also be expected to work at the arterial centre at Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
This is an extraordinary exciting time to join a team embarking on an innovative transformation and implementation of a shared single vascular service across West Yorkshire. The post holder will have opportunities to be actively involved in the change programme, contribute to pathways of care, and introduce new ways of working and technologies, with the ultimate aim of delivering outstanding care.
Successful applicants will benefit from future research, education, and rotation opportunities.Main duties of the job
Applicants will require relevant experience in vascular surgery and will be required to help the service to further develop and deliver high quality as well as compassionate and individualised care. The appointees will work alongside a strong, cohesive and well established team. Our work to develop a true single service is testament to our commitment to this innovative change, development of new ways of working and the strength of relationships.
A structured period of induction and supervision will be provided with the support of the regional vascular nurse specialist team and a designated clinical supervisor.
The posts will offer the opportunity to work across arterial and non-arterial centres, inpatient, outpatient and community settings.About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Appropriate NMC Registration (RGN/RM/RN Child/RSCN)
- Relevant specialist qualification or training to diploma level or equivalent experience
- Supporting Learning in Clinical Practice (SLIP) or equivalent
- Degree or equivalent level of education or experience
- Evidence of further study/knowledge at Masters level or equivalent in a health-related subject
- Leadership or management development qualification
- Non-medical prescribing qualification
- Significant post registration experience, including experience of working in a relevant clinical specialty at Band 6 level
- Experience of assessment, development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care for patients/service users/staff demonstrating knowledge of specific needs
- Experience of working in an MDT and across organisational and professional boundaries
- Experience of leading and managing change
- Experience of leading innovative practice
- Experience of leading in policy development
- Experience of leading clinical audit/research and using outcome measures
- Experience of project management
- Report writing / Presentation skills
- Computer literate - ability to use Word/Excel/Powerpoint, etc.
- Clinical credibility
- Highly developed specialist skills underpinned by theory and experience
- Highly developed analytical skills for complex situations requiring analysis
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Organised approach to work with ability to prioritise and delegate
- Mentoring and advanced communication skills
- Proven evidence of change management skills
- Leadership skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Proven skills in teaching individuals and small groups
- Analytical approach to problem solving and ability to make clinical judgements requiring assimilation, interpretation and decisions where there may be a range of options
- Competent in complex wound management e.g. compression, VAC therapy and larvae
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Knowledge of change management processes
- Knowledge and understanding of application of relevant National Guidance both general and specialty related e.g. National Service Frameworks, NICE etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the NHS national targets and priorities
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the needs of the specific patient group
- Knowledge of research/audit in speciality
- Evidence of current CPD
- Recruitment and Selection, Appraisal and other relevant HR/People management training
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Management Development Training
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.