To carry out all aspects of mechanical work to maintain the health service premises across the estate. Install, test, commission, maintain, service and repair mechanical systems including water, heating, drainage, ventilation and medical gas pipeline systems as well as any accompanying electrical/electronic components. Maintain a safe environment for service users, staff and visitors with regards to building fabric and building services.
The successful applicant will work within the Estates team ensuring the effective maintenance and operation of all its buildings, plant and associated services in an efficient, economical and safe manner in accordance with statutory, NHS Trust and departmental guidelines.
Must have the ability to work under pressure and good physical fitness.
You will meet and deal with a variety of people including staff, patients & visitors and therefore must have excellent customer service skills and be able to communicate effectively.
Must be able to prioritise own work load on a day to day basis, ensuring tasks are carried out in an affective order, considering both urgency and location.
Must have a full UK Driving Licence.
Attention to detail is a must, so we are looking for someone who will take pride in the highest standards of work. Main duties of the job
Work as part of the trade team and participate in cross-trade working as and when required. Must be willing to carry out basic duties of mixed disciplines and attend training courses as necessary.Work as an individual and act on own initiative, as well as working as part of a trade team.Must prioritise own work load on a day to day basis and ensuring tasks are carried out in an affective order, considering both urgency and location.To use all workshop machinery to its fullest potentialMust keep all Trust issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in good condition and wear when necessary.Must be willing to work as a mobile operative and travel to all sites across the estate as and when required. Must also be willing to travel to different locations if/when the estate expands.Must have the ability to work in hazardous areas and be able to remain calm wen working in environments, such as mental healthcare premises, that can become hostile.About us
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Although Covid vaccinations are no longer a mandatory requirement within the NHS we continue to encourage and support the vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against Covid19. The safety of our staff and patients is a top priority for us at EPUT. If you would like to book a Covid vaccination or would like more information please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To carry out all aspects of mechanical and gas work to maintain the health service premises across the estates
Install, test, commission, maintain, service and repair mechanical and gas systems including water, heating, drainage, ventilation and medical gas pipeline systems as well as any accompanying electrical/electronic components.
Maintain a safe environmental for service users, staff and visitors with regards to building fabric and building services.
Understand the importance of and carry out planned preventative maintenance (PPM) duties with regard to water quality.
Undertake electrical testing/commissioning and monitor results to ensure compliance with the latest edition of IET Wiring Regulations.
Must be able to monitor temperatures using handheld devices, diagnose faults and carry out repairs.
To learn new techniques, with training as necessary: to attend training courses as may be required.
Please take a look at the Job Description and Personal Specification for the full details. Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Specialist experience and professional knowledge to degree level obtained through technical courses and experience Experience working within construction industry Working knowledge of HTM-04-01 - Safe Water in Healthcare Premises
- Working knowledge of HTM-03-01 - Heating & Ventilation of Healthcare Premises Good organisational skills and the ability to address and develop solutions to problems Effective communication skills for effective working relationships throughout the organisation Ability to work on own initiative and as part of team Basic IT Skills
- Fully conversant with L8 Fully conversant with the Water Supply Regulations 1999 Experience of working within the NHS Experience of working in Maintenance.
KnowledgeEssential personal QualitiesEssential
- Qualified with Experience
- Must pay attention to detail and have pride in own workmanship Must share the Trust's Beliefs and model this in their attitude and behaviour Positive: optimistic, noticing and appreciating of good working and aiming to improve services and customer experience Welcoming: friendly,
- Welcoming: friendly, responsive, courteous and on time Respectful: Respecting others and not judging respecting people's dignity and privacy
- Involving: listening and communicating, clearly, able and willing to involved and work together with others Kind: Compassionate, helpful and understanding Accountable: using best practice to get effective results, prioritise and speak about safety, being professional and aware when we are 'on stage
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Must hold a Full UK Driving Licence and be willing to travel across the expanding estate Must be willing to participate in out of hours response arrangements Must be willing to work overtime in emergency situations
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.