We are looking for Nurses, both Paediatric and Adult with Paediatric experience, who want to relocate to the beautiful city of Cambridge and work at one of the best NHS Foundation Teaching Trusts in the country.
As a Nurse in Children's Services at Addenbrookes, you will be joining a diverse and stimulating area. Our work is wide ranging and we are well respected both locally and as a regional specialist treatment centre. We provide excellent care across medical andsurgical specialities and subspecialties. Our ethos of child centred care and multi-professional collaboration drives our service, alongside a commitment to family focused teamwork. We believe in supporting our patients, their families and our staff, and we offer a diverse range of dedicated paediatric psychosocial and clinical support services.Main duties of the job
Our areas include: Ward C3 Ward D2 Ward C2 Paediatric Day Unit (PDU) Ward F3 POAC Charles Wolfson Ward PICU/HDU Clinic NICU G2
Please see the attached Detailed Description of the Paediatric Areas document for more details regarding the above wards.About usCome Nurse with us...
Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the country. It comprises Addenbrooke's Hospital and the Rosie Hospital. We provide accessible high-quality healthcare for the local people of Cambridge and regional and national specialist services. It's a great place to nurse, work and live.
You will work on a vibrant hospital campus with a friendly community feel we have excellent facilities to practise your skills and abilities to support your career pathway and development. Our values of Together - Safe, Kind, Excellent
support the delivery of outstanding care. We have a fully electronic patient record system that is improving health-care quality this is transforming services, improving patient safety and clinical outcomes. Why choose Cambridge University Hospitals?
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our values and reputation for outstanding care
- Opportunities to experience a range of specialities
- Career and development opportunities
- Preceptorship and mentoring programmes delivered by a dedicated clinical education support team
- Research experience and opportunities
- �1000 Welcome Subsidy on commencement and up to a further �3000 loan to support your resettlement and contribute towards a deposit or first months' rent subject to eligibility
- Lovely location and quality of life
- Excellent schools/colleges and transport links (road, rail and air)
Please see the attached Applicant Information Pack (combined Job Description and Person Specification) for key duties and responsibilities.
This vacancy will close on 3rd December 2023. Benefits to you
We offer development opportunities and a wide range of benefits including on-site leisure facilities, shopping concourse, day nurseries and access to a great transport system with easy access to airports and rail travel.
Please note if you would like to discuss the required hours of this role further, you should approach the contact given. In some cases alternative working hours will be considered.
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces.
If you require sponsorship for a Visa to work in the UK, to avoid disappointment, please check you are not applying from a Red list country - Code of practice for the international recruitment of health and social care personnel in England - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
A welcome subsidy of �1000 is available to all Band 5 and Band 6 Nurses, Midwives, ODPs and Radiographers and Band 5 Orthoptists taking up substantive employment with the Trust.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First level registration RSCN/RN (child) (part 8 or 15)
- 2 Basic Level Child protection training
- Advanced level child protection training
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Relevant teaching and assessing course/ mentorship course
- Experience of delivering evidenced based nursing care without supervision, to children in an acute hospital setting
- Evidence of experience in a high dependency or critical care areas
- Awareness of professional issues
- oEvidence of up to date paediatric nursing skills and knowledge
- Current knowledge of research developments in paediatric nursing
- Competent to care for children and their families in a safe an effective manner without direct supervision
- Effective team member
- Advocate of paediatric nursing
- Evidence of excellent team work
- Evidence of participation in research and audit projects
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Addenbrookes Hospital - Division E
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.