We are looking for 2 enthusiastic band 5/6 audiologists to join our small, friendly and flexible team. One of these posts is permanent and the other initially for maternity cover.
The team provides adult and paediatric services across Hartlepool, Stockton and Peterlee.
We are not looking for a particular level of experience for these posts we are just as keen to develop new staff as we are to adapt to previous experience and preferences. The offered grade of post will be dependent on experience.
Flexible working arrangements are in place in the department including part-time working and compressed hours
The successful applicant should have any of the following
* Foundation Degree or BSc (Hons) in Audiology
* MSc Audiological Science
* A minimum of BAAT Parts I and II and BTEC in Medical Physics and Physiological Measurement or equivalent.
Professional registration with AHCS is highly preferred
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to develop their skills in either or both adult and paediatric audiology. Being part of a small team brings the benefits of being involved in decision making and the support to develop into areas of interest, while maintaining a broad skill set. Additional training both internal and external is encouraged. Main duties of the job
The post holder could be involved in all of the following on a weekly basis
- adult diagnostics and rehabilitation
- paediatric diagnostics for school aged children
- Supporting preschool paediatric clinics
- Providing domiciliary visits
- providing audiological diagnostics for ENT clinics
- Supporting assistant audiologists in their clinical roles
- involvement in quality initiatives in the service
At North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust our main priority is, and always will be, to provide safe and high quality care to our patients every day the kind of care we would want for ourselves and our loved ones. We want our organisation to be the best place to work with the right staff, in the right roles, at the right time, to ensure we deliver exceptional patient care and experience.
We will support staff through providing an inclusive and supportive workplace with health and well-being initiatives, staff benefits and opportunities for personal and professional development. Staff recognition is very important to us as well as performance reviews and appraisals, we recognise staff through Star and Team of the month, colleague recognition - a note of thanks, Managers Awards, Shining Stars and Service Awards.
We support the Making Every Contact Count approach to behaviour change in the promotion of health and wellbeing of individuals and communities.
We recruit for values and Together we are North Tees & HartlepoolJob descriptionJob responsibilities
please refer to the job description and person specification for more detailed description of dutiesPerson SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- BAAT I & II, BTEC MPPM or equivalent, BSc or MSc
- Ability to work unsupervised Excellent interpersonal skills Excellent communicator Demonstrate flexibility to adapt with the needs of a changing service
- NHS experience of routine audiological diagnostic procedures and fitting of digital hearing aids Familiar with audiology software
- Caring and sensitive nature Ability to remain calm under pressure Enthusiastic Flexible Professionalism
North Tees & Hartlepool NHS Foundation TrustAddress
One Life Hartlepool
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.